2015 bng

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob Kincaid and Dave McClure graphics. An option for non-telescoping bars (on some models). Yammy motor and 600. No 3" track, DI-800 or anything. Fairly ho-hum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited on a PC with a real keyboard.

Last edited:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not seeing any changes other then graphics .. oh well I guess if it's not broke dont fix it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

higdon3

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed as we'll. nothing other than graphics especially for the 1100. There's only the hcr or sno pro and both the graphics are just ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a huge disappointment! When the others are making strides to make improvements Cat is paying their engineers to come up with new graphics, this coming from a die hard cat fan. Hope they aren't paying those guys more then 40K a year because my kid could come up with BNG once a year for free. For the love of god at least put decent ski's and the new style gauge that has an accurate fuel gauge on the M series guys, very little to ask for $14K!!!! WTF????

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah, rather disappointed.....:(

was expecting the new 2 stroke 800....thought the Suzuki agreement was done after the model 14 year???:wtf1:

was expecting an upgraded display with temp gauge....not having to drill down through the menu's to see engine temp:mad:

was expecting wider ski's....common complaint with existing ones:crazy:

was expecting side panels that are a bit more user friendly....to remove & re-install:rant:

but hey;
we got "rail braces" on the sno pro's & ltd's! :yeahthat:
we got a "2" narrower HCR" ski stance! :news: :whoo:
and we got "bold new graphics!" :doh:

oh well....I guess I will order rail braces for my '14 and wait for the 2016"s :protest: ......356 more days to go..... :Hammer3:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah, rather disappointed.....:(

was expecting the new 2 stroke 800....thought the Suzuki agreement was done after the model 14 year???:wtf1:

was expecting an upgraded display with temp gauge....not having to drill down through the menu's to see engine temp:mad:

was expecting wider ski's....common complaint with existing ones:crazy:

was expecting side panels that are a bit more user friendly....to remove & re-install:rant:

but hey;
we got "rail braces" on the sno pro's & ltd's! :yeahthat:
we got a "2" narrower HCR" ski stance! :news: :whoo:
and we got "bold new graphics!" :doh:

oh well....I guess I will order rail braces for my '14 and wait for the 2016"s :protest: ......356 more days to go..... :Hammer3:

its all good, i know something you can buy for 2015 that will have big changes LOL

also just curious.....just because there agreement is done does that not mean they cant just resign/redo it again....?

Korey

Reaction score
Nothing overly surprising here have to wait and see what doo and poo do :confused:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After this release it sure looks like Cat is getting screwed on the deal with Yamaha. They really haven't utilized the genesis engine much, no turbo option yet. Yamaha gets a new chassis that looks to be their flagship now. From what I have read Cat will be using Suzuki engines for a few years to come yet. :noidea:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing I guess I will hold on to my 2012 and just make a few upgrades to it. They could have at least upgraded the skis and track and for the love of god, I different fuel gauge. I go by how many Km's on the tank rather than look at the gauge. I'm not sure how the new ones are but when mine starts flashing "fuel" on flat ground I have exactly 10 litres left.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing I guess I will hold on to my 2012 and just make a few upgrades to it. They could have at least upgraded the skis and track and for the love of god, I different fuel gauge. I go by how many Km's on the tank rather than look at the gauge. I'm not sure how the new ones are but when mine starts flashing "fuel" on flat ground I have exactly 10 litres left.

Are those not upgraded ski's??
Looks like they put a stiffener in to better align the clutches to reduce the belt blowing issues, and they lightened it up this year as well. Nothing major but all things that needed to be taken care of. And by know means would I say Cat is getting screwed by yamaha, I would venture a guess cat is taking a percentage of yamaha sales $$ for the vipers, Just like yamaha will take a percentage of the sales of any cat with a Yamaha motor. As far as the suzuki motor, I personally always thought it was a good motor (3000 boosted miles on mine and not 1 issue), plus a crate motor for under 2500$ is a big encentive when others are closer to 4500.
I would guess that cat is working on some things for the future (motor, chassis, etc). But I think with skidoo and polaris having "big" releases this year they were smart to wait a year.
JMO tho.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with keeping the Suzuki engines, but also nothing there to make me give up my 2010 M. :(

Might have to look at the Yammy Viper with the low boost turbo though. :hmm:

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder why the 600 and new "7000" get a new gauge but the 800 doesnt? Looks like i may just have to find a deal on a leftover 14 for next year.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with keeping the Suzuki engines, but also nothing there to make me give up my 2010 M. :(

Might have to look at the Yammy Viper with the low boost turbo though. :hmm:

I agree, the Suzuki is a great engine...proven reliability, durability and power.....I just thought the Cat/Suzuki marriage was over....so I was expecting a larger C-TEK2 as a replacement. I have no problems if they are keeping the current 800 engine.

as for comparing your 2010 chassis to the 14's......not even close. new chassis is night and day better.....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all good, i know something you can buy for 2015 that will have big changes LOL

also just curious.....just because there agreement is done does that not mean they cant just resign/redo it again....?

you mean polaris....???, well they are more flickable....lol

SnoFox

Reaction score
I read something about an octane sensor for the 800. Are the current models equipped with that?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read something about an octane sensor for the 800. Are the current models equipped with that?

Det sensor. Yes the current 800's have them. Retards your ignition timing when it senses detonation. Doesn't mean you can just run 87 octane and be good to go though.

Top Bottom