2015 - 2016 Winter predictions have started...

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest, pretty early, but a prediction none the less:

"NOAA’s CFSv2 model is forecasting a strong El Nino event will develop this summer and continue through 2015."

The scientists are speculating about an El Nino strength similar to 1998 - 1999 winter.

Stay tuned! :popcorn:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest, pretty early, but a prediction none the less:

"NOAA’s CFSv2 model is forecasting a strong El Nino event will develop this summer and continue through 2015."

The scientists are speculating about an El Nino strength similar to 1998 - 1999 winter.
Stay tuned! :popcorn:
That was a weird year in bonnyville we hosted the ASA jamboree and there was a grand total of 6 inches of snow then 5 days before the heavens opened up with feet of snow and made the event a big success snow lasted way into april

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was a weird year in bonnyville we hosted the ASA jamboree and there was a grand total of 6 inches of snow then 5 days before the heaven opened up with feet of snow and made the event a big success snow lasted way into april

That was also the year of the Cross Canada Snowmobile ride put on by the CCSO and the partners. The East had Ice Storms that screwed up the trails and made it hard for the team to keep on track with times. Was a foggy cool damp winter no real snow.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I can remember about the winter of 98-99, was sitting on the back deck in shorts and t shirts on December 24th. The last decent La Nina was 2010 - 2011 where there was tons of snow in western Canada. Flooded the hell out of Manitoba though...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
we need snow and lots of it

If you can believe some schools of thought regarding next winters predicted weather, it is going to be warmer than last winter here in the west. The summer will be hotter than it ever has and that heat will recede for the winter but it will still be warmer than normal and warmer than last winter.

I doo have my wood shed full and I am waiting to see what Mother Nature will bring! :snow: or :rain:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
were you sledding up there lots then?

It was total darkness for 2 months, polar bears, and cold with a strong wind. The early season was mostly riding on shale due to the wind blowing the dry snow over to Russia. The wind blown snow was hard and there was never any powder. Spring was great but as the snow melted there was lots of travel over the shale. Ice in May was still 8' thick but the ice fishing was awesome. Pulled the komiticks (spelling??) with enough supplies to last a week incase a storm blew in. It was an interesting experience.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grass won't grow without any rain.We already live in the 7th Circle of hell as it rarely rains, this summer sounds like it gonna be worse for no rain.
If you send a friggin memo again I'm going to write nasty things in your lawn with weed killer!!!

Top Bottom