2015 / 2016 Blue River Conditions

TJ(turbojoe)

Reaction score
Was there the other day. Going to mcbride to find better snow
McBride ? Christ the trail to salmon and ground hog area had 2 feet . Let alone over the bars snow everywhere else off the trail up in . Are you sure you got off the hwy? Actually the hwy had a few inchs on it. But curious how was McBride ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

stonycat

Reaction score
McBride ? Christ the trail to salmon and ground hog area had 2 feet . Let alone over the bars snow everywhere else off the trail up in . Are you sure you got off the hwy? Actually the hwy had a few inchs on it. But curious how was McBride ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Do you believe every thing you read on the internet

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been into Grail or North Blue this week?
We broke trail in there with 2 other groups on the 28th but only made it to the bottom of Blue and Grail before running out of daylight....snow was waist deep and untouched.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four days in Blue at the Holy Smoke: four days of great terrain, four days of great snow, four areas explored with many more still to see, and great meals throughout. In fact the snow and areas were so good I'm scared to give any details but this one pic...

Attachments

• IMG_20151231_113127.jpg
    IMG_20151231_113127.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 548

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been into Grail or North Blue this week?
We broke trail in there with 2 other groups on the 28th but only made it to the bottom of Blue and Grail before running out of daylight....snow was waist deep and untouched.

We tried getting in there today but I have never been there before. We rode the groomed trail fro about 27 km then dropped down on a trail through a cut block then a huge valley with a river. We had a large crew and there was some sleds having trouble on some hills.
We stopped on a big plateau along the river and some hill climbs on the left side.
That's where we stopped as some wanted to go back.
I'm not sure if we were in holy grail or big blue at that point. May have needed to go further in but we did not find any real good riding for the younger ones in the group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Love the sidehill pic, everyone that sees that should understand that this is the true difference between axy vs skidoo or pro climb. Axy sidehills effortlessly and straight and true while the others take significant body effort with out of control results. Hows that for stirring the pot!!!! I ride a pro and I will say that on any given day I look like either rider but more like the first guy most of the time ha ha.

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone still up there? How is it? Think this snow will stick around till the weekend?

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into salmon yesterday....trail in is pretty nasty past the groomed trail! Bit tracked out but can still find some fresh in the trees. Was very cold ride up at -28 leaving parking lot, but huge inversion up top and was very warm up top. All in all was good ride.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were into holy grail yesterday. i don't really know the name of the areas but we were back in the valley with a couple lakes. Untouched bumper deep pow all day. Sleds running on fumes coming down the trail. talked to the groomer in the morning and he figured he would have the trail groomed that night. super bumpy going through the trees though.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a guide in blue river area for Feb 5&6, Staying at Larrys in Avola. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom