2015-16 Forster conditions

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fresh snow today in the valley, I'm not sure how much at forster. Work is keeping off the sled.
Good Day Just to let you all know we still have the best gas here 1.11. Also the guy that opens up trail to Brewer creek and grooms it. Has retired from that and now has a better. place.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Day Just to let you all know we still have the best gas here 1.11. Also the guy that opens up trail to Brewer creek and grooms it. Has retired from that and now has a better. place.

Heard that, never got to meet him. Cheers to the mystery groomer��

powder dreams

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any updates? Gunna try Forster one day and brewers the other. Iv never been been to brewers does anyone have any advice? Is there a cabin?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No cabin at Brewer. Just a teepee. Lol. Buddies rode there on Wednesday. Said it is really short on snow. Lots of open creeks is what there saying. Said they probed 85cm. They rode forester on Tuesday. Didn't really ask them about it. All I know is one of them came out with two bent a-arms and one shock. At Brewer just watch the first opening you come to in the alpine. That's where a lot of open creeks will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powder dreams

Reaction score
Well thats good to know maybe we will head straight threw to sicamouse tomorrow instead or just try forster Sunday and maybe out the buggaboo or something. There's alot of those smaller areas iv never tried befor. We take it pretty easy usualy.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
What's the parking like at Forester? Never been and looking to go for a ride over new years. I have all the maps and guides but I've heard we might need chains and that makes me nervous. We'll be driving a one ton with sled deck. Is the access pretty good this year with them logging? How many kms is the trail after the parking area?
Thanks!

Fahrns

Reaction score
What's the parking like at Forester? Never been and looking to go for a ride over new years. I have all the maps and guides but I've heard we might need chains and that makes me nervous. We'll be driving a one ton with sled deck. Is the access pretty good this year with them logging? How many kms is the trail after the parking area?
Thanks!
Access is excellent. They are logging up around km 27. A new parking lot was built this year. Chains not needed. Recommend winter tires as the road can be a bit icy but it's good right now. The grooming has been excellent too.

Sent from my S6

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Access is excellent. They are logging up around km 27. A new parking lot was built this year. Chains not needed. Recommend winter tires as the road can be a bit icy but it's good right now. The grooming has been excellent too.

Sent from my S6

Imo it's better to have chains and not need them than not have and need.... seen lots of big fancy lifted trucks stuck on the road.

Have gone in when its snowing came out in the rain..... chains needed that day.

Don't be the guy who gets stuck and pisses everyone else off who is following.

Be prepared, number one rule when backcountry traveling.

Fahrns

Reaction score
Imo it's better to have chains and not need them than not have and need.... seen lots of big fancy lifted trucks stuck on the road.

Have gone in when its snowing came out in the rain..... chains needed that day.

Don't be the guy who gets stuck and pisses everyone else off who is following.

Be prepared, number one rule when backcountry traveling.
Agreed, just meant that they shouldn't be needed this week. Supposed to stay well below freezing with minimal snow. It would be great if everyone had chains, radios, winter tires etc., but reality is that most don't.

Hope we get some fresh stuff. I'm turning into a powder snob with the great start we've had this year.

Sent from my S6

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I hate being the guy that's not prepared, that's why i'm asking. Thanks for all the info... if there actively logging do I need a radio?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Radio is good but The person collecting has a radio and will call for you. They are not logging on the weekends. See back a couple posts for frequency.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Radios are just another piece of essential gear You don't know what your missing until you have one. Or,, need one IMO

motox208

Reaction score
Any fresh snow out that way lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was no deeper where we were riding than in town.... good to get out and burn some gas and make some turns on the board. Typical January dry spell

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forster yesterday, found a little fresh getting adventurous in the valley but it is very short overall. Up top was worse than the valley, wind blown and rock everywhere. Need a big dump on this base and the riding will get good. Lots of sleds heading up to the glacier as usual. Really too bad that we can't stay away until it is open as a collective group to ensure it stays available to us in the future.

Top Bottom