2014 XM Raptor vs Fox Float shock upgrade

Gregb

Reaction score
Hi guys, it looks like there a couple options that people are looking at when upgrading shocks all round or even just the rear skid. Just looking for feedback and opinions of the two.

Thank you,

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No question at all......raptors. I have NEVER heard a bad thing about this shock. Air shocks just cant be compared to a good coilover. They may save a bit of wieght but they arent in the same league performance wise.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you can blow a seal out of a coil over and still ride, it might handle like shat but you can still ride. Air shock you blow a seal your done.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their both good, but to compare you need to compare the raptors to the float rc2s for it to be even otherwise compared to just a float 3 raptors would take it for ski shocks, but against the rc2 float 3, I rode both and went with the rc2s on my fronts and an evol r conversion in the rear with a float 3 front track shock from what felt best to me.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best shock is the one that the builder will properly setup based on your needs. If you're going to spend the money on good shocks, have them properly setup. Spending big money doesn't always guarantee results.

Clay911

Reaction score
EXACTLY, i have not tried raptors or am saying they are bad but i see that Zbroz offers free revalving and re springing on their exit shocks until you are happy. This would go a long way for me.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya very true, My floats are all sled and rider specificly valved for me when I ordered them from my dealer and I get awesome deals on servicing and any valving changes I want for them also, this really helped my decision.

wilfort 85

Reaction score
If you are considering a suspension upgrade and have the X-Package why not upgrade the stock suspension? Tim at ENZO Racing Canada out of High River, AB re-valves and springs the stock suspension to the rider’s weight and ability. Aftermarket suspension (Raptor, FOX Floats, etc) may not necessarily be set-up properly. The springs and re-valving go hand in hand. Tim works with the snocross team and knows this KYB suspension. I have been running this set-up since 2008!

You can choose from 2 kits:

"A" Kit: (Only applicable to 2013-14 XM "X" package models)
$1700
Price includes...
• Rebuild and revalve on ski and center "X" package Shocks.
• KYBC-40 Piggyback rear shock. Revalved and customized by Enzo.
• 2 rear torsion springs, 2 ski shock springs, and one center shock spring.

"B" Kit:
$1100
Price includes...
• Rebuild and revalve on your ski, center and rear "X" package shocks.
• 2 rear torsion springs, 2 ski shock springs, and one center shock spring.

Or a custom Set-Up:

2 guys this year purchased 2014 XM’s and put the KYB 40’s on the sled which comes on the Freeride.

Check out EZNO’s website at

You will be amazed on how much better the sled works through the bumps on the trail and up in the hills.

Top Bottom