2014 XM cuts out temporarily when over reving

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
When at lower altitudes the sled stutters when it hits above 8k rpm, could this be related to the GGB can, is the 800 etech computer designed to shut things down for over revving?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hitting rev limiter by sounds of it, or your EGT probe is getting to hot.This motor is very sensitive to heat.My bikeman can did the same until I bought their billet probe neck to bring it up higher. What clicker are you set on?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will even sense over rev is coming and back off. It doesnt need to hit 8000 to do it. You may need pin weight if your riding local.

snowmotion

Reaction score
Website
www.snowmotion.com
You are Hitting the Rev Limiter and need the Click down on the primary But really my guess is this only happens on the trail going in to the mountains on Hardpack When your at Altitude in Soft snow if it still happens the certainly click down but just don't hammer it on the trail riding in on hard pack unless you click it down.
For me if I click it down then Later in the fresh I went for I have to Click back up. Im lazy I just try not hit the limiter riding into and out of the alpine. Hit the Limiter to often to hard you will blow your reeds so what it.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having same problem with mine - was on clicker #3 - snow was heavy - engine was puling down to 7600 in deep snow on climb - so i went to # 5 - engine was then reving out and hitting rev limiter - so I clicked down to 4 but was still cutting out and hitting rev limiter ! i am running RB clutch kit though - might have to play with arm weight abit ! have about 17.8grams of pin weight

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
only happens when at low altitude when leaving the parking area or on the way back down to truck, I went from 4 to 3 on clicker and it is better but still happens below 8000 RPM, Just need to mellow out getting to and from the truck, thanks

tylerwill

Reaction score
Had the same problem, just lower the clickers and you won't have a problem! Max rev is supposed to be 7900

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it studders does it sound like a airplane running out of fuel or just cut out like a hesitation?? If it's doing it below 8000 than that's not the rev limiter, plus I thought the 14/15 flashed rev limiter on the lcd screen.
The can or reeds could be causing the first condition. The second could be clutching and hitting the rate of rpm increase sensor which will cause the sled to do that.

I have run my sled out to 8300rpm and have not hit the rev limiter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try mellowing out back to the truck. I'm assuming by your comment that you are probably doing a great rate of speed. Not sure where you are riding but trail safety is just as important as being prepared and terrain knowledge of back country.

Top Bottom