2014 XM Can

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone post a clip of the MBRP race can for noise, I'm quite curious. Even just a idle and couple blips.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Has anyone tried the GGB? I talked to the guy and he guarantees no power loss and no codes, but warns that it is quite loud. Also says they flow bench test it against the stock one to mimic the same back pressure as a stock can, so it will work with any aftermarket engines that claim to need the stock exhaust. I think I'm going to try one.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Sh!t I ordered my HPS dirrect from him in the states. I ended up paying $475 by the time I had it home. Had it 3 weeks hanging on the wall in the garage still waiting for my sled.

lol dude that's gay...... I buy 20 at a time saves on the shipping and I can pass it on to the customer .... at 395.00 plus tax.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the GGB? I talked to the guy and he guarantees no power loss and no codes, but warns that it is quite loud. Also says they flow bench test it against the stock one to mimic the same back pressure as a stock can, so it will work with any aftermarket engines that claim to need the stock exhaust. I think I'm going to try one.

I will tell you in a little while! Trying one on my XM when it gets here. It was a good price about 315 shiped to my door including taxes and shipping. The owner seemed real nice to deal with and answered my emails and questions fast. I would recemend them so far based on service

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will tell you in a little while! Trying one on my XM when it gets here. It was a good price about 315 shiped to my door including taxes and shipping. The owner seemed real nice to deal with and answered my emails and questions fast. I would recemend them so far based on service

That's what I thought, he answered any emails and questions I had quickly and seems good to deal with. I'll be ordering one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the price of that carbon fiber one its just hard to tell really how lowed it is on the video. Anyone know how the sound is compared to the HPS can? Its been a long time since I bought a can how is "the thing" that used to be talked about all the time.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rev, carbon can has reputation of being the loudest can you can buy.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought, he answered any emails and questions I had quickly and seems good to deal with. I'll be ordering one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using

The quality of the can is real nice to. I am a welder bye trade and a very picky one to, and I think the welds look good to lol

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a specialty can on my new XM. Love the sound, great quality piece and quite light.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought, "the thing" and an MBRP race can(not sure why both). Did a little flat landing today. Comparing to suitcase had to drop one clicker with MBRP and over revving just a tad on clicker 1 with thing. Too hard to check track speeds with limited snow to provide load to motor. As for as sound goes MBRP race has a real sleeper sound to it. Nice rumble at idle and not loud at all at mid throttle but does bark loud when lit up. It was extremely icy amping up the sound quite a bit. "thing" is a quieter at wot but I think it is actually louder across the board except wot. All in all, very happy with both and love the crisp on and off sound of the MBRP race as long as it muffles a tad in the fluffier snow. That being said, it will still leave your buddies ears ringing if he is giving a ski pull without a helmet on.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rev, carbon can has reputation of being the loudest can you can buy.

X2. I have one. Im going to run the suitcase until the snow gets deeper to muffle it a bit. Etec runs perfect with it though and it fits perfectly without any changes to existing brackets. Uber light too.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the MBRP and the GGB can side bye side. Pretty much the same can just different probe placement.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure seems like the GGB places the probe deeper into the exhaust flow, while the MBRP keeps most of it out. Wonder what this will do for performance and thowing codes??

Not sure I was noticing that to. It might be a good thing or bad thing. Time will tell. I know I am going to take my stock can for the first few rides.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm....Kind of makes me want the MBRP after looking at the two. But, I spoke with the guy from GGB and he seemed pretty knowledgable and I like the things he said about it. I liked the words "guaranteed to perform as well as or better than stock and NOT throw codes."

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm....Kind of makes me want the MBRP after looking at the two. But, I spoke with the guy from GGB and he seemed pretty knowledgable and I like the things he said about it. I liked the words "guaranteed to perform as well as or better than stock and NOT throw codes."

They make some nice stuff. And the guy at GGB said if it throws codes or doesn't run right he will exchange it or refund it to. I think it's Steelman is a member on here and works for GGB

Top Bottom