2014 Summit XM 800 154" - Have $2000 available for upgrades

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has the grip&rip braces in stock? Need some for my new sled when it gets here

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Clay911

Reaction score
Not to many places stock his plates(i havent seen one) he cant build them fast enough. Email him at info@rpmcomposites.com or can give him a call if you want to talk to him. His name is Raffi 508.896.7313

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I called RPM this morning and talked to Raffi, after to speaking to him i decided to order the skid plate kit he has for the XM. I will post the pictures of the kit he sent me. Price was $549 (3Pcs. kit) and aprox $65 for shipping. Wait time as of today is about 2 weeks for the skid plate. I would order now if you want one so you can have it installed before you get the itch to go on that first ride. It seems like allot of money for a skid plate but after doing research, and looking at other carbon skid plates I feel I have made the best choice and feel that i will have as much protection as I can possibly buy for the XM. I do not want to be tearing apart my sled this year because I hooked a ski or bounced off a stump.
I feel that the GnR kit and the RPM skid plate should have me covered.... :beer:

A few pics

-Raffi Peterson

http://www.rpmcomposites.com
RPM Composites <info@rpmcomposites.com>

Attachments

• clutch side copy.jpg
    clutch side copy.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 257
  • exhaust copy.jpg
    exhaust copy.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 257
  • full skid copy.jpg
    full skid copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Nagzs

Reaction score
What did you all order from 2koolperformance? Did you get all three grip n rip braces?

Thanks,
Ajay Nagy

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you all order from 2koolperformance? Did you get all three grip n rip braces?

Thanks,
Ajay Nagy

Yes I only got the GnR kits from them. I had spoken to them about the kits that Grip N Rip sold and asked for a complete package (all 3 kits). Since I had not herd of 2KoolPerformance before I was unsure at first about dealing with them, I can only provide you with my experience I had. They were quick to respond to my email, shipping was fast and my order was complete when it arrived.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you doing any performance upgrades to your sled?

I will wait until after break in before I do anything to it. I would hate to fill my new can with any extra oil that break in mode passes through the motor and out the exhaust. I will be looking at some of the mods that's Deano670 posted above to start with.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I know... But with my luck, I wanted to make sure I was covered as best as I could be.

I wonder if Deano can mod you up a bush bumper from a 1 tonne dodge or something, that will make sure you don't bust anything up...... but the weight could be a consideration.....

Just the facts

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Just bought a 2014 summit x 163 now I have to figure out what i should upgrade...
already got clickers had the dealer install them when i picked it up that should take care of the "engine fade issue" i've read about and i added the pre filter kit it's way to much at $110 but I have lots of that mesh around my shop so when it rips I'm sure i can repair it. as far as I can tell from reviews and videos the Grip n rip kit is a must. i'm going to get a skid plate and as far as i can tell RPM composites makes the only one i feel would prevent damage. my buddie 's got the same sled he bought the BRP skid plate from the dealer and it's not much more than 3-4mm of plastic it'll prevent scratches but I know it can't take a big hit. I'm kinda choked that the RPM skid plate is like $600 but after i seen BRP's Snow board mount is like $400 some carbon fiber kevlar body armor for my sled seems kinda cheap.
I'd like to hear from anyone with the RPM SKID PLATES are they as good as they look on paper or just some marketing gimmic. did they add a little kevlar and carbon fiber to fiberglass just to charge an arm and a leg ?

if you can tell by my post I don't need this thing(my sled) to go faster I want it to last longer.

I also want to add some kinda guard for the mesh screens on the air intake anyone know of a place that sells them ?

Top Bottom