2014 Summit Throttle Stickng?

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I've been hearing rumors of the throttles on '14 Summit 800 Etech sticking. I have one of these sleds. Anyone had any issues? By the way, after seeing that gnarly video on here, my tether is no longer latched to my throttle cable, I've been hooking that sucker up before I even put my helmet on, I used to be an "occasional" tether user now I'm treating it more like a seat belt.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
A friend of mine with the same sled; '14 XMX-163 had it happen on his sled. Maybe just a freak incident? He said a buddy of his told him he heard the same thing happen to someone he knew. I've had the throttle stick before on a daily basis when riding handlebar deep powder but never just riding it in normal snow. That's why I had to ask if anyone has heard of this. Using the tether religiously is probably just a good habit to get into though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow hope this is an isolated incident. Let your dealer know and they will fill out an RPQ report so BRP is aware of this.

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Hand warmers work so well ice seems to build up in throttle, I find you have to chip it out 2-3 times daily depending on powder. Doesn't stick wide open just really high idle.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to me a few times when thumb warmer is on. Even my ditch banger did it cause there's 4 feet of snow in ab to. Thumb warmer off for me if its deep

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hand warmers work so well ice seems to build up in throttle, I find you have to chip it out 2-3 times daily depending on powder. Doesn't stick wide open just really high idle.
Happened to my buddies xm. We couldn't figure it out for the life of us. The next day a quick few taps on the throttle block and problem was gone.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
Rode with a few new summits yesterday and few guys had problems with the throttle sticking a few times

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues with mine. Had some snow in the throttle block a couple times but that's happened to every sled I've ridden.

Reaction score
This happened to my 2014 summit a couple days ago. It was a cold day , not sure if that had anything to do with it. Happened twice in a span of about 20 min. I mentioned it to riverside when I brought it back and they hadn't heard anything about it happening. Hopefully there's a fix.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never had it happen while riding. deffinetly had the run on from ice buildup behind the throttle. but thats an easy fix and usually wont get you into trouble. i have however had the throttle stick wide open in the trailer before i started my sled. its happened on all my sleds except the powertek because it had more spring pull. i always not make sure the throttle is moving freely before starting the sled. i think it was the moisture in my trailer combined with the cold weather. so if you started your sled, then touched the gas the move it out of your trailer it would be stuck there and you would be in trouble. but ive never had it happen on the hill. and even in the trailer it always frees up once you pin it once.

polarman

Reaction score
waist deep in the Renshaw Saturday and mine would ice up and high idle. Quick flip and poke it out with your finger. Cat doing the same.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this an issue on the xm's when its the same throttle block as the xp's and they never stick, stronger return spring on the xp?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this an issue on the xm's when its the same throttle block as the xp's and they never stick, stronger return spring on the xp?

yes MUCH stronger as its carb.

its not really an issue. it happens to all efi sleds exposed to moisture and cold. its good practice to ensure throttle freeplay before moving

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine stuck last night. Not full open but a high a $$ idle for sure.

Top Bottom