2014 Summit SP 800 154 project

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't need to be bare to powdercoat but it does to anodize. If you are only anodizing small pieces ie fit in a 5 gallon pail then it's easy to do at home with a kit. Get some aircraft stripper (not as exciting as it sounds) to take off the old paint or powdercoat.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does a brand new sled already need rails? Being a piano rider I miss out on doo things. About only place I have found for anodizing is Anderson Anodizing out St Albert. Prices get abit better if you have $ & its under the table. Kevin is/was the owner last time I needed some done. You know it only works on aluminum? Plus there is only certain colours that they can do. It will also wear off with time, abuse, etc. Do the bolts fall out cylinder head that hold on the Y pipe? I used to use nor-lock washers on exhaust on 4strokes, but dont really impress me. Had great success with stage 8 fasterns for hold bolts in place.

I was told that if I'm anodizing rails they need to be bare and yes I know I can only anodized aluminum.

It doesn't need to be bare to powdercoat but it does to anodize. If you are only anodizing small pieces ie fit in a 5 gallon pail then it's easy to do at home with a kit. Get some aircraft stripper (not as exciting as it sounds) to take off the old paint or powdercoat.

I'm not interested in doing it myself, haha. Some things are worth paying for. But kinda neat to know you can do it yourself.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow..it's like we're thinking alike...I already started my build and testing notebook for the 13 or 14 I'm either trying to find or am going to order. I might even be a step ahead of you since i have a few parts that have showed up in the garage and I have more than one beer down thinking about it. Late season deals are nice. :)

I would enjoy this more if I could find a left over 13 in a 154 somewhere, but seem nearly impossible to find.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a ton of work and coin to change rail colors. the coaters i use can strip anything off. might be way cheaper to find someone to acid dip those rails or something rahter than dropping 500$ on unnecessary ice age rails

Who do you use? Maybe I will see if they can help me out. Do they anodize and powder coat there?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does "the thing" actually work, all the pics I've seen look like booger mig welds and homemade bends from the pipe to the can.

I've taken mine off.. too loud, cheaply made, look like ch!t, made my sled run like crap.. but delicious meals ! I"m riding with the suitecase now.

hey wanna buy a thing cooker can ? lol they are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat !

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't sleep too excited
For the Nordlocks talk to Al Numan at Foothills Fasteners
Welcome to Foothills Fasteners & Industrial Ltd.

Also I've changed out the reverse/ Hi Beam switch on my last two sleds to one of these:
it says they're out of stock now but I'm sure they will have one this summer. Basically I wire my reverse into this and then hard wire the high beam high and I've never had a problem. The nice part about the XM is that if you are on a trail with on coming traffic (Which is almost never in the Mountains) you can point your lights down via a knob in the glovebox. Your handwarmers should be on the console already.

robhayward

Reaction score
Basically anywhere that does powdercoating/anodizing can prep the material.

You have a long wait if you're worrying about this stuff now. Too bad you can't do it over the summer.

Ice Age rails are pretty much a waste unless you've been known to bend rails regulary. That only happens landing on rocks. (just don't do that!)

Who do you use? Maybe I will see if they can help me out. Do they anodize and powder coat there?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically anywhere that does powdercoating/anodizing can prep the material.

You have a long wait if you're worrying about this stuff now. Too bad you can't do it over the summer.

Ice Age rails are pretty much a waste unless you've been known to bend rails regulary. That only happens landing on rocks. (just don't do that!)

I'm trying to find a place that can match the color I want to get. I have a sample of the color I just need to find someone that can match it!! That's why I am getting on this so early because it's a PITA it seems

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've taken mine off.. too loud, cheaply made, look like ch!t, made my sled run like crap.. but delicious meals ! I"m riding with the suitecase now.

hey wanna buy a thing cooker can ? lol they are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat !

to loud?? it doesnt even start barking till its taped..cheaply made???...maybe ur just old or gettin soft in the ear..any other brand of aftermarket can i've heard is way louder than the thing

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to loud?? it doesnt even start barking till its taped..cheaply made???...maybe ur just old or gettin soft in the ear..any other brand of aftermarket can i've heard is way louder than the thing

we must have different thing cans ..

It's annoying loud on the trail, it has a very nice bark when you open it up, and I do love that sound .. but it's pretty annoying when riding the trails and cruising. Noone else's sled comes close to the noise mine made, and I got SLPs and MBRP cans all around me.. ask Anthony if you don't believe me.

45* mig welds, the paint that's already worn off and the whole thing is stating to rust, the tabs on the muff pot all fell off, the tab that holds the muff pot in the can has fallen off.. yup, cheaply made !

maybe I just ended up with a shitty one who knows! maybe he forgot to weld the baffles in and mine's a straight pipe ?! maybe he forgot to put a second coat of paint on it !? lol who knows..

xpsledneck

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm gonna need it but I put it on there to remind me to check. It relocates ur reverse, high beams, grip and thumb heat. Because I narrow my bars so much there isn't much room for anything on them.
Grip and thumb heat are on the dash now not on the bars any more

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
i was told that if i'm anodizing rails they need to be bare and yes i know i can only anodized aluminum.

I'm not interested in doing it myself, haha. some things are worth paying for. But kinda neat to know you can do it yourself.

amen.......

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are very limited with anodizing colours.. However Powder coating, you can choose from probably a thousand colours.

Top Bottom