2014 RAM Headlights

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out what the best fix for the lack of light out of the stock headlights is....I have been told that running LED fog lights is the answer, replacing high and low bulbs is the best etc etc. light bar doesn't work for daily driving so any ideas suggestions, pictures and suppliers would be appreciated. I'm not price shopping, I just want this done!

THANKS!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I put brighter high beam bulbs and brighter fog lite bulbs... Big difference. Will be putting led low beams in soon.... Kits just came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't say for sure but can say that LED fog lights (at least mine anyway) are not the answer. They're so bright that it's not much different than driving around with a light bar on.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HID light kits with 4300K or 6000K bulbs IMO. Way better light output than halogen. Once you install them it is very important to 'Aim' the headlights properly. most guys just throw them in and drive and constantly get flashed from oncoming drivers. Shouldn't happen if the lights are properly aimed on the horizon and should give you about 150% better field of vision. I've ran the vietnams kits before and out of 12 ballasts in 6 vehicles I had 1 ballast failure after 7 months. Not to bad for $110 kits. After looking at aftermarket led assy kits i have heard that a lot of them don't fit quite right and dont have he output that they promised.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
HID light kits with 4300K or 6000K bulbs IMO. Way better light output than halogen. Once you install them it is very important to 'Aim' the headlights properly. most guys just throw them in and drive and constantly get flashed from oncoming drivers. Shouldn't happen if the lights are properly aimed on the horizon and should give you about 150% better field of vision. I've ran the vietnams kits before and out of 12 ballasts in 6 vehicles I had 1 ballast failure after 7 months. Not to bad for $110 kits. After looking at aftermarket led assy kits i have heard that a lot of them don't fit quite right and dont have he output that they promised.

I agree with all of this, except for the 6000K bulb part. That color temp gives your headlights the chitty blue tuner look. NOT a fan at all. I run 4500K or 5000K for the brightest white you can get. The high end vehicle manufacturers use 4300K - 4500K.

canadiancon

Reaction score

except it's still illegal and still blinds oncoming drivers, halogen housing are NOT ment for hid no matter how you aim them, an hid housing will cut the light off, a halogen housing will not, any one that comes at me with hid in a halogen housing eats my high beams and lightforce.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
except it's still illegal and still blinds oncoming drivers, halogen housing are NOT ment for hid no matter how you aim them, an hid housing will cut the light off, a halogen housing will not, any one that comes at me with hid in a halogen housing eats my high beams and lightforce.
Don't the '14 rams have the projection lenses with the ****ty HIR bulbs? Don't know why they went to the trouble of designing a projection lens headlight to not put real bulbs in the damn thing. HID's Shouldn't be illegal in the projection lenses, but that's kind of a grey area too.

Still amazes me how far behind the North American auto makers are on the exterior lighting front, they have no problem putting all kinds of bells and whistles in the interior, but can't see down the damn road at night.

4300k is the peak of lumens on the color/kelvin scale, 5000k is still pretty decent, and 6000k gives you a nice "looking" color but sure doesn't brighten up the road like the 4300-4500k. And yes I have had all 3.... 4300k,5000k, and 6000k all in projection lenses.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure after you install your $100 princess auto hid bulbs in the stock housing and $60 led fogs to run them 24 hours a day, just so you can douche everyone 24/7.

canadiancon

Reaction score
A lot of guys running HID (including myself) have an answer for your "lightforce", and in MY case, its aimed right at your face. :)
So you put illegal lights in your truck and then turn your driving lights on when I high beam you,because you're an ass and can't be bothered to shell out money for proper projectors! Makes a lot of sense:) im pretty sure 4 240 hid lightforce will
blow anything you have out of the water! Pull your head out of your ass and stop being a selfish prick just because you think you are better then everyone else on the road.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421943109.140258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Make sure after you install your $100 princess auto hid bulbs in the stock housing and $60 led fogs to run them 24 hours a day, just so you can douche everyone 24/7.

So you put illegal lights in your truck and then turn your driving lights on when I high beam you,because you're an ass and can't be bothered to shell out money for proper projectors! Makes a lot of sense:) im pretty sure 4 240 hid lightforce will
blow anything you have out of the water! Pull your head out of your ass and stop being a selfish prick just because you think you are better then everyone else on the road.

Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't say I had a cheap HID set. I certainly never said they were in stock housings. (BTW, a LOT of vehicles come with projector housings now. Did ya know that?) I didn't say I run my "fog" lights 24/7. (They're actually driving lights on these newer trucks, as fog lights are always yellow) (Mine are never on). I don't wear white sunglasses. I don't drive a dodge. And, I don't run with my mirrors extended, so calm the phuck down! What I DID say is that I DO have HID's, and if you feel they're too bright, then go ahead and flash your old chitty technology 3632774386486486 watt Lightforces at me. No problem. I just said that I have an answer for that, and they're aimed right at your face. Enjoy your day, and happy riding. :)

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't say I had a cheap HID set. I certainly never said they were in stock housings. (BTW, a LOT of vehicles come with projector housings now. Did ya know that?) I didn't say I run my "fog" lights 24/7. (They're actually driving lights on these newer trucks, as fog lights are always yellow) (Mine are never on). I don't wear white sunglasses. I don't drive a dodge. And, I don't run with my mirrors extended, so calm the phuck down! What I DID say is that I DO have HID's, and if you feel they're too bright, then go ahead and flash your old chitty technology 3632774386486486 watt Lightforces at me. No problem. I just said that I have an answer for that, and they're aimed right at your face. Enjoy your day, and happy riding. :)

Little jumpy? Comment was for the slowfarmer, not X-creme

canadiancon

Reaction score

if you have them in a proper housing why would you even comment then? My comments were directed at people who throw hid lights into a stock halogen housings. I know there are lots of vehicles with projectors and with oem hid lights. Those aren't the problem. And when I do flash people, i never do it so they can have time and flash me back ;)

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have them in a proper housing why would you even comment then? My comments were directed at people who throw hid lights into a stock halogen housings. I know there are lots of vehicles with projectors and with oem hid lights. Those aren't the problem. And when I do flash people, i never do it so they can have time and flash me back ;)

I'm assuming since he's driving a 14 ram, he likely has projector headlights so he can put HID's in. There are 124842 other HID, dead horse beating, threads on here. We get it. People don't like them him halogen housings. I personally DGAF what people do, HID's don't bother me. These redundant threads bother me more lol

Sent from my iPhone

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the HID's any better in the Ram projectors than in regular housings??

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes.
1. you don't blind everyone. I know, I had them in reg housings one time.
2. HID in the 2014 projectors work great. Nice cut off at the top.

Teeroy was the one who educated me on the difference.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zal. I might throw a set in I have lying around. Even the projectors on the Ram still suck.

Top Bottom