2014 pro rmk upper support arm glue let go

Reaction score
I have a 2014 rmk pro that recently had a failure of the glued joint that holds the carbon fiber upper support arm in place. I took the sled to cycle works and they indicate it will not be warrantied. The support member is not broken or damaged, only the glue let go and that's it.

Anybody know what is entailed to fix this? Are there others having these issues as well? Anybody know where i can get a replacement or upgrade to get away from the glue? Or how does it get replaced is there a glue kit a guy can buy?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle works will fix it. Just get mean. Have a buddy with a 2014 who got his fixed for free even though warranty had expired. This is a common problem. I was impatient and re glued mine myself.

DPike

Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine. Ask your dealer to submit it as a warranty claim but make sure your sled is stock when you have the pictures taken. They will cover it.

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
If you have the a-arm off just bring it into us and we'll have a look, we've gotten arms covered for the same reason as you over the parts counter without an issue but we do need your old one to send back. You can call me at 780-960-1920 and i can get all your information and get it going for you, we may even have the proper arm you're needing in stock so you wont have to wait, im confident we'll get it covered for you. Let me know, Lindsay

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
If you have the a-arm off just bring it into us and we'll have a look, we've gotten arms covered for the same reason as you over the parts counter without an issue but we do need your old one to send back. You can call me at 780-960-1920 and i can get all your information and get it going for you, we may even have the proper arm you're needing in stock so you wont have to wait, im confident we'll get it covered for you. Let me know, Lindsay

That, right there, is some customer service!! And, let me tell you, the dealings I've done with Lindsay have been top notch!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get the Lords adhesive at Calgary Body Shop Supply. Under $60 for more than you can use. Don't buy the expensive applicator gun, just push both tubes out equally and mix with a stick. Joints need to be cleaned and carbon fibre roughed up. I put a aluminum tube inside mine and also added a rivet. Sorry I don't have the model of the glue handy but there are plenty of threads about it on Snowest.

geelak900

Reaction score

Hey Lindsay, I will be coming in shortly with the same issue. 2013 Pro with one bad arm. Do you have any stock? Lower right side arm.
Cheers
GKR Enterprise

sledwrek

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to my 2013. I tried drilling them out and using rivots to hold them together, and those lasted about 4 km up the trail until they sheared off. Ended up ordering aftermarket Z-Bros arms, they are solid, don't hit a stump with these as you will probably bend your bulkhead, but at least they hold together! I wasn't going to spend money on the OEM replacements to have it happen again.

Top Bottom