2014 perc problems

indygeoff

Reaction score
i need any assistance i can get i have a Polaris 2014 indy lxt 144 i was getting ready to ride today and did a ten to 15 min warm up before moving the sled after riding i went to put the sled in reverse i stopped let it idle and then pushed the button as i pushed the switch the engine dies has any one else had this happen ??? what should i be looking for in wiring or fuses ? or is this a dealer problem ?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it do it every time? Did it ever work? I would say it is likely a stator, or trigger gap issue, but likely a dealer issue either way especially if on warranty. Unless it is bad spark plugs.

indygeoff

Reaction score
it worked before the ride today i had to back out of the yard plugs are new and warrenty ended friday lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times did it fail to reverse? Mine has done that a couple times just once, start it up again and goes to reverse just fine. I had it happen to mine where it would only go into reverse 1 in 5 times but that was because I pulled the cord in reverse wrecking the recoil and something hit the magnetic pickup for the flywheel increasing the air gap way outside of spec.

Revgirl

Reaction score
I had that problem with my 800 XP I gave it a tune up and cleaned the clutches all was good after that.

Top Bottom