2014 m8000 sno pro question

togo ripper

Reaction score
So I was wondering if arctic cat fixed the belt issues on the 14 sno pro now that winters coming I'm considering picking up a left over and can't find much online yet

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my experience they work much better in the deep(that's only my opinion) however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if arctic cat fixed the belt issues on the 14 sno pro now that winters coming I'm considering picking up a left over and can't find much online yet

Any belt issues were with the pretty well on the 12's as far as I know. 13's were good. 14's had the updated clutching to help with heat dissipation and worked flawless.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
so while were on the subject of the m800 do they all vibrate at a idle,when I first got it the dealer said they all do it and the 1000 is even worse.No other problems just shakes at idle

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so while were on the subject of the m800 do they all vibrate at a idle,when I first got it the dealer said they all do it and the 1000 is even worse.No other problems just shakes at idle
I have 2 2011 M8 and yes they do shake at idle and if they have th m8 engine your laughing

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that's the high lift cam......lol

they have always had a bit of a rough idle....no worries

togo ripper

Reaction score
Thanks guy I'm gonna stick with a 153 just because it will do more prairie riding then mountains but knew the 12s had issues just wanted to know if they solve them

togo ripper

Reaction score
I've got an m1000 and it vibrates like crazy at idle but smoothed out when on the throttle but that's what you get with big block power

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info always wonder if the clutch needed balancing or something,takes a load off my mind
best thing I did is getting the sleds dialed in by Kenny from mountain magic the sleds are up for sale went to the XM test rode the 2014 cat , Polaris and XM and the XM handled the best for me.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old m1000 used to vibrate like a sum bit*^ at an idle. It was kind of funny. There was no hiding which sled was the 1000 when all the sleds were sitting idling. As far as belt problems I haven't heard a whole lot on the '14's. Have a few buddies with them and they're having good luck with them belt wise. I say go for it. You can't beat the Suzuki motor and they're pretty tough overall.
I have a '13 PC 800 and had major belt problems which Cat was absolutely no help at all. I managed to fix the problems but it cost money and time. I used to blow pretty much a belt a day when it was an 800 two winters ago. I upped it to a 925 and tightened down the motor and haven't blown a belt since. Last trip was 5 days in Golden/Revy on an 83 belt and there's barely an signs of wear.

Sent from my iPhone using 2

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 1200km out of my first belt on my 13 800 153. It blew on a chest deep powder day in revy. I'm confident it was because it was to the bar for 4 days straight. Other then that no issues. I also have the updated clutch and gearing.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
My 12' and Mikey's 12 have been good for belts (his better than mine) The clutch upgrade did help mine. But yes mine vibrate like sob at idle.

Top Bottom