2014 M8000 exhaust valve issue

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the cables pop out of the servo motor with 100 miles on machine!Dealer said a few other machines had it happen and Cat knows about it and there is a $4 clip to fix it!Easier to do before they pop out and your stuck in limp mode!:beer:

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It fits any cat with exhaust valves.My buddy I was riding with has a 2011 hcr and it has the clip.My 09 1000 and my 09 m6 don't have the clips.They said for some reason every once and a while they would have a sled do it.He said Arctic Cat knows about it and to put the clip on and you'll be fine.Cheap insurance!When it goes into limp mode it will barely pull 6300 rpm and also start gulping the fuel!I never had the cable problem with the other sleds but I'll put clips on anyways!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pics but it just snaps over the servo motor that runs your exhaust valves.Apparently cat used them up to 08 then quit using them.All it does is keep the cable ends from popping out of servo.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has a clip already on there from factory. Just holds the cable housing tight to the servo

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clip I was talking about might be that one.It's the clip that holds the cables inside the barrel.It just snaps around the outside of the servo motor.I guess if the servo motor returns to home to far the cables can pop out,just a fluke that it happens to some sleds!Even the dealer can't figure out why they would quit using it!

Top Bottom