2014 kodiak 450 eps

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any real life experience with the new kodiaks? Looking at getting one for the wife but little worried about the carburator as opposed to fi. We dont do lots of mountain riding but ruby falls and places like that once in awhile and just wondering if ill have to rejet or is it only at higher elevations?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A friend of mine had an older 400 Kodiak up at Mountain Park, and it never missed a beat. I am surprised that they don't have fi yet??? I was also impressed where the 400 went and how it handled.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had an 82 XR500 up at Ruby and a WR250. I never jetted once on the thumper, probably could have on the yammy. But no issues again.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just ride them, never need to rejet....if yamaha fuel injected the 400 the price would climb, carbs worked good for years and still do

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HDKAWI has one on here. great little quad. Just put gas in a go. Change the oil once in awhile. Loose the stock tires for a 26" mud tire and a winch.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FI is really only necessary on the big bores because they are a biotch to turn over when cold as it is.

-Sent from my Motorola Startac-

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
They are a great machine for a woman providing shes not to tall, the handle bars are to low for a guy over 5,6 they suck plain hard on the back,The carb set up works great start in all kinds of weather not like some fi modles and the power steering really cuts down feed back.

My wife lovers hers but I cant ride it 20 minutes and I,m just about crippled from leaning forword have her sit on it or even a really good test ride first or get ready to spend money to change the bars.Other than the bars great machine

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HDKAWI has one on here. great little quad. Just put gas in a go. Change the oil once in awhile. Loose the stock tires for a 26" mud tire and a winch.

Hdkawi is a buddy of mine....hes one the guys that kinda clued me in to 450...thanks for the responses guys...think ill pull the trigger its the one shes feels most comfortable on and has her heart set on...

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have her ride his 450. Another quad to look at is the outlander or renegade 500. My wife had a renegade she loved to ride but then road my outlander max and preferred it over the renegade. She always wanted a kodiak but like mentioned above the bars are low on them. One the wife started to ride can am she preferred that riding position.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bars Should be allright my wife is only 5 tall'...reason I dont really want her on big machine with lots of oomph...not much experience

Toxic

Reaction score
No need to worry about carb, my dad used one for work by rainbow lake and we take it out by nordeg and to cadimen without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abiceman

Reaction score
you can't beat the reliability of them . my niece is 5'10" and she loved riding Darrin's 450.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, pulled the trigger thanks for all the input...you all better not be wrong...lol 2014-06-18 23.34.38.jpg

But now I think I need an acreage and shop
2014-06-18 23.37.54.jpg

Top Bottom