2014 Kodiac 450 front end damage

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife hit a rut with her Kodac spun her sideways and now the bars are off centre going straight l could see no damage to the bars steering shaft or tie rods I adjusted the tie rod ends so she could ride it but something is bent could it be in the power steering module? Anybody have any idea what is likely to be damaged in this type of hit? The only visible damage is a small dent on the inside of the rim and a small dent in the A arm skid plate (after market alloy skid.)

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the arm where the tie rod mounts to on the spindle bent on our rhino from something like that and was not overly noticeable

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of this same problem with Grizzlys, at least she can drive it while you could shop around for a cheap steering post.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well took it apart and still can't see anything bent so ordered a steering shaft will replace that and hope that is the problem. I measured the upper and lower control arms and the arms are not back no damage to the A arm mounts on the frame. Tie rods are straight and turn no problem. So I guess that means it could be the pitman arm but this is a cast part and I would think it would break before it would bend or the steering shaft or the EPS unit. From what I have seen on line what little I could find people are saying the shaft can bend. Talked to my dealer and they said this is not common and that the tie rod should be the first part to bend but might be possible. Hate the trial and error repair method but it's that or take it to the dealer for the big $ repair.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should anyone care for future reference the steering stem was the problem and although it did not look bent when on the quad when looking at it next to the new one it was clearly bent. So if you have a Kodiac and nothing looks to be bent but the steering if off it is probably the stem.

Top Bottom