2014 gmc 1500

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Front half of the truck looks like a 2008-10 Superduty and the back half looks like a GM.

bspot

Reaction score
Engines look the same other than some refinements. 6.2 l 5.3 l and 4.3 l all with direct injection. Calling them ecotech 3. No horsepower or torque figures yet published. I hope they come out with a 6'6" box crew this time in the half ton.

The engines were completely overhauled, apparently only sharing wrist pins and starter bolts with the old generation. They have confirmed a 6'6" box in a crew cab 1/2 ton.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at everything new and improved on this truck, they basically just copied what Dodge and Ford have been doing for the last 5 model years, nothing too special IMO, and somehow it will cost more than a Ford or Dodge

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice looking truck for a 1/2 ton, hopefully Denali changes their interior too.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at everything new and improved on this truck, they basically just copied what Dodge and Ford have been doing for the last 5 model years, nothing too special IMO, and somehow it will cost more than a Ford or Dodge

Or Nissan since circa 2004 with the tailgate...... but because it is a GM it's "revolutionary"..... Uh huh. Poor performance and can't be tuned will be the new buzz with these. Probably be rated at 450 Hp with the 6.2 and still run mid 15's in the quarter mile........

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Or Nissan since circa 2004 with the tailgate...... but because it is a GM it's "revolutionary"..... Uh huh. Poor performance and can't be tuned will be the new buzz with these. Probably be rated at 450 Hp with the 6.2 and still run mid 15's in the quarter mile........

Yeah, thats why I buy a truck.....to go drag racing.....lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reactions: win

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats why I buy a truck.....to go drag racing.....lol

I love that comeback..... Performance on the track should reflect relatively the power under the hood. A mid 15 second or slower truck that weighs around 5400 lbs is not 400 HP...... So why not buy a 5.3, then at least when you are slow no one will care, including you.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm direct injection.... Need say more? Pretty sure this is a industry vechicle first aside from the vette. Who knows it may get 30mpg. That is a nicely update GMC. Hopefully they do something with the chevys as well and the buckets are the same so I can get some new light.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a 1/2 ton TDI that gets 30+ mpg....

X2
Whoever pulls the trigger first on the diesel 1/2 ton is gonna make a killing. 3/4 ton sales will likely suffer which is why I think it hasn't happened yet.
I know a ton of guys that would love to have a 1/2 ton gasser-especially in the oilfield. Free fuel once in awhile from the rig, 30+mpg, and still able to haul alot of stuff better than a gasser will. Kinda sells itself IMO.

Last edited:

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I generally like the outside. I think the inside is very blocky and "oh, lets put a knob here to fill in this flat area" look to it. Their crew cabs still look shorter then the rest of the competition and the wheel wells are STILL too square.

I drive a new body style Silverado HD so not being brand biased!

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm direct injection.... Need say more? Pretty sure this is a industry vechicle first aside from the vette. Who knows it may get 30mpg. That is a nicely update GMC. Hopefully they do something with the chevys as well and the buckets are the same so I can get some new light.
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Ford EcoBoost is direction injection.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The current Corvette LS3, LS7 and LS9 are not direct injected either......... However Gm's own 3.6 V6 that has been around for a couple years in the Camaro and the CTS's is Direct injected. As is any Ford Ecoboost circa 2009 + application plus countless other imports...... not an industry first by any stretch. 30 mpg....... lol, sure. Probably be lucky if it gets 20 mpg with the aerodynamics of a brick called a truck. They are supposed to be lighter than the current GMT900's and I am interested by how much.

Heated cloth in a pickup is about the only first I am seeing...... not that you can't get it in other manufacturers cars, but not trucks. The Chev is pictured on both GM's site and the youtube video above. They look to be trying to revive the 1981 to 1987 quad headlamp look on those. The Halo headlamps that look like they came off fleabay need to go on the GMC, then it would look a little better.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The current Corvette LS3, LS7 and LS9 are not direct injected either......... However Gm's own 3.6 V6 that has been around for a couple years in the Camaro and the CTS's is Direct injected. As is any Ford Ecoboost circa 2009 + application plus countless other imports...... not an industry first by any stretch. 30 mpg....... lol, sure. Probably be lucky if it gets 20 mpg with the aerodynamics of a brick called a truck. They are supposed to be lighter than the current GMT900's and I am interested by how much.

Heated cloth in a pickup is about the only first I am seeing...... not that you can't get it in other manufacturers cars, but not trucks. The Chev is pictured on both GM's site and the youtube video above. They look to be trying to revive the 1981 to 1987 quad headlamp look on those. The Halo headlamps that look like they came off fleabay need to go on the GMC, then it would look a little better.

No dodge has heated cloth out for 2013 model year in the big horn model( not all bighorns), almost bought one with it last week, bought a 2013 ram 1500 laramie instead

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh, it's a Ram, lol. Well that just simplifies it though then as there is nothing new or innovative about these trucks. The only first for GM playing catchup is the Denali will have console shift... or not. Actually knowing GM they will save the console shift for the next redesign in like 2025 and say it's revolutionary then. Not that I care, I will never buy one anyway, lol.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK...so here's an easy one: what 1/2 ton pickup out there currently has the best mileage? (I am not being facetious, I really want to know) I use my truck as a car 95% of the time. It tows a very light sled trailer a few times a year and gets used to haul crap to the dump a couple of times a year. I think that I probably fit the profile of a large percentage of pick-up owners. A small 30mpg diesel would be the ultimate for us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom