2014 bow season

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That I would start a bow hunting thread for this yr...... Who's hunting what ? And where? This will be my first yr bow hunting Elk and super exited, been out doing some scouting and got a couple trail cams up hunting north of mountain aire lodge to Caroline.

Last edited:

Sammy

Reaction score
This will be my third season with the bow, I'm hunting in wmu336. Have had the cameras out for some time now with some decent activity. While we have a few elk in the area, they are few and far between. With any luck I'm hoping to get close enough to put one in the freezer. Other than that will be chasing whitetail again.

Attachments

• PICT0012 (17).jpg
    PICT0012 (17).jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 250
  • PICT0043 (7).jpg
    PICT0043 (7).jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 248
  • PICT0077.jpg
    PICT0077.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 247

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics on the trail cams Sammy, was out today and go a line on the elk.... lots of tracks/scat trail cam in place and see what happens

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything on 4 legs is actually legal at the farm during bow season. I shoot what ever comes in range first, not to picky on stuffing the freezer.
Trail cams have evrything but elk, they are especially rare to see. Usually come to eat hay bales in mid to late December after season is closed, fuggin tourist elk from the park need to come visit a little earlier.

donnie

Reaction score
Gonna try to get a bull moose in 318 with the 60lb bear Montana long bow this year. Maybe an elk if I can get one within 30yds.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be my third season with the bow, I'm hunting in wmu336. Have had the cameras out for some time now with some decent activity. While we have a few elk in the area, they are few and far between. With any luck I'm hoping to get close enough to put one in the freezer. Other than that will be chasing whitetail again.

That white tail in the first pic would be a nice one to get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of trail cam pics, dates messed up.
should be a good white tail season and maybe moose in the freezer 11 years in a row!

Attachments

• 488.jpg
    488.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 376.jpg
    376.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 684.JPG
    684.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 838.jpg
    838.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 158

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Practice they said. It will be fun they said. Lol kinda like scoping yourself but with a Matthews lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Practice they said. It will be fun they said. Lol kinda like scoping yourself but with a Matthews lol

Looks like you took two reminder hits to not lock your elbow. Imagine that with the old style metal string nocks.
I still like the bow more than the guns, everybody takes the odd hit but that there is one of the better ones I've seen.
When you get a kill in it will be worth it!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law gave me a goofy look when I asked him if he could accurately shoot his bow without using his release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out last night and checked trail cam from the last couple weeks......things looking really nice for next weeks hunt, the elk are moving nicely back and forth couple nice big 5x5's. nice whitetails as well. just sat and watched them last night so cool to hear the bulls bulging........swwwing :)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a PSE Drive from Exsile outdoors in Lloydminster and can't wait to hunt with it. Since I bought it I can't work or do anything productive, all I think about is hunting. Its unreal how addicting it is to shoot a bow. Anyone in the Lloyd area that is considering getting into archery, don't waste your time driving to Edmonton go to Exsile!! These guys are passionate about bow hunting and they can setup anything!

donnie

Reaction score
I guess some game will be taken this weekend. Im trying for bull moose. Someone going to start a post your pic thread?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess some game will be taken this weekend. Im trying for bull moose. Someone going to start a post your pic thread?

To warm yet for me for big game so I am still going to goose hunt with the Mosberg, once i have a few I will be trying the bow though!
I am going to post in this section.

donnie

Reaction score
No moose, only 1 ruffle with the 12ga compound. Only seen 1 WT doe? To warm probably, but the snow is here!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much success here either been out 12 days see the elk and buck WTs but just can't get them to come in close enough soon I will be hanging some game hopefully, warm weather is not helping and the elk are not bugling wtf ......

Top Bottom