2014 700 mudpro v.s. 2014 650 xmr

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which is a better quad overall? I do lots of mudding, trail, and... ahh.. more mudding. Looking at reliability, power, handling, ease of servicing, price. etc.:p

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup that pretty much sums it up. XMR 650 does well. My sister bought one. Nice quad all around, she loves it. Only thing dumb is it comes with no winch and no rear rack bumper like the xt does.

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the xmr 650 axles? How easy is it to get to the plugs if you happen to take in some water? What about diff. seals and electrical?

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the xmr 650 axles? How easy is it to get to the plugs if you happen to take in some water? What about diff. seals and electrical?
I can't speak from experience but I can't see a 650 snapping axles, although I am not sure what they have for gearing in the trans. Plugs are fun to get at, if you consider punching yourself in the head fun... Diff seals usually sweat on any of the can-am's, for serious mud and water riders you're going to want to flush the diffs once and a while. Electrical, dielectric grease all of your connections.

Can-am's do require a bit of maintenance, I chalk this up to their quads getting ridden HARD because usually people don't buy a can-am to baby it.

Top Bottom