2013 XM problems

JBEST103

Reaction score
Hey guys I am in Vale right now just seeing if anyone on here has experienced similar problems. 2013 ski doo etec 800. I have the head shaved and cylinders ported by Ralph at split second performance. Second year on that set up with no issues till now. I have a digatron dual egt guage on the machine. About halfway thru today I noticed the one cylinder(Clutch side) is extremely hot. At idle the temps would go off the chart. 1300+f. Once riding and getting on the gas it would get cooler. At WOT the sled bogs out. At this point I headed back down for the trailer. The sled ran just fine once a ways down the trail?? Once I got to the truck and idled the once cylinder once again got screaming hot. No engine lights on the machine. I believe it is an injector issue but maybe someone on here can shed some light?? Thanks a lot guys I appreciate any help.
John

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a call to the builder is in order,

Sent from my iPhone using

JBEST103

Reaction score
Well rode her again today. hot at idle and low throttle. The egt's were good at wot with no bogging today. Will have to call the builder when I get home and figure it out. Thanks for the help guys.
John.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting it is the low speed injector or circuit that is leaning the engine down at idle creating heat in that cylinder. Its the only thing that makes sense to me?

gregv88

Reaction score
never trust the digitron especially when you ignore it anyway. Plug read is the only way to identify problems

Top Bottom