2013 Summit XM Gauges

Finkster

Reaction score
Question. I am looking at buying a used 2013 XM 800 154 - 1800km, $8000. the guys says the instrument cluster has gotten moisture in it and now blanks out intermittently and needs to be replaced and this part costs $500. Has anyone had experience replacing these, like is it easy to do for a semi-talented back yard mechanic? Also and moreover, do you think the sled will be devalued two years down the road when I want to resell it and i have to explain that the km reading is 1800km off because I replaced the gauge cluster? I know if I wanted to buy any motor vehicle with a "story" involving the odometer I would run away.

Thanks in advance for any advice

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question. I am looking at buying a used 2013 XM 800 154 - 1800km, $8000. the guys says the instrument cluster has gotten moisture in it and now blanks out intermittently and needs to be replaced and this part costs $500. Has anyone had experience replacing these, like is it easy to do for a semi-talented back yard mechanic? Also and moreover, do you think the sled will be devalued two years down the road when I want to resell it and i have to explain that the km reading is 1800km off because I replaced the gauge cluster? I know if I wanted to buy any motor vehicle with a "story" involving the odometer I would run away.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Replacing the gauge is straight forward but you need to take it to a dealer to have them 'Marry' it to the ECU or else it will throw an engine code every time on startup. I'm not sure if there is a process for dealer to then accurately record the old mileage somewhere so it is transparent to a future buyer.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had to replace mine, the k's are stored in the ecm. If a dealership plugs in they can tell you the actual k's. So best would be to take it to brp and have them tell you actual k's. It is $480 to replace.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, the sled will run just fine without the gauge. A buddy of mine had an interaction with a tree, and didn't want to shell out for the new gauge so he just went without. No issues.

Top Bottom