2013 Summit X 146" or 154"??

wilwap

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just looking for some opinions here. I am snowchecking a new Summit and am wondering if I should go 146" or 154"?? I just sold my 09 Summit 146" and am not sure if I should go bigger. I usually go to the mountains twice a yr, but still do the majority of my riding in Northern Alberta ( unless of course we get another shity yr like this next yr ). I havent spent anytime on a 154" and was just wondering if I'm gonna notice the difference around here with it being a little long??

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could always go 146" and if you dont like it theres always big wheel kits and buy a bigger track. I dont think you will notice the difference at all so might as well buy 154" Buy hyfax sliders and you wont have to worry

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from 136 to 154 and do most of my riding in northern Alberta. Didn't find any difference.

Couple of things to consider are the conditions you normally do most of your riding in and the track that comes on the X (2.5")

If I was running on a lot of shallow snow, hard packed I would possibly not consider the 2.5" track. Its not a huge difference from the 2.25" but certainly you are not gaining anything by having the 2.5" and only doing 2 trips a year to the mountains.

Your '09 146 had a crappy ported track (if its stock) and you will instantly gain floatation with a new 146". So when you do head to the mountains on your new 146", you will likely be able to fair better than you ever did.

Now, I would typically argue in favour of the longer track but 154 is a good all around track length that does alot of things well. A 163 is what you would look at if you did more mountain riding.

The 146 can be a little better when jumping, ditch banging, cooling on the trails vs the 154. You won't notice any difference going to the slightly longer overall package. For your application I don't think you could do wrong either way. As mentioned, it will cost more down the road to make it a 154.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm on Maxwell's side. The 154 is very versatile. You will like it even in low snow conditions. The only time a 163 would be better is when you ride the mountains all the time.

wilwap

Reaction score
Well thanks for the input guys. It's sounding like the 154" is the way to go since I do plan on making more mountain trips in the future and don't wanna regret it later. I just wanted to make sure that length was still good for local riding. I am gonna go with the 154" tomorrow. It's gonna be a long summer!!!

Top Bottom