2013 summit sp 800etec

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I've had Ken's(Specialty Sleds)can on my last 2 sleds and I think they're great. Nice finish, nice sound. It's not loud until the power valves open up then it absolutely wails. Ken says that the placement of the probe is very important for the Etech and they researched this and did testing before they released it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quiet exhaust ch!t doesn't fly in the mountains, I can see if you only ride around home(farm areas) but I prefer my buddies to have aftermarket exhaust so I can hear where they are. If they are stuck somewhere in the trees there is a better chance if me hearing them than with stock quiet exhaust so I can help them out or vice versa. Someone sounds like they have talked to the slp guys too much, they are anti loud exhaust. Look at all the loud Harley's cruising the streets in the summer. What's the difference?
Harley's arent in danger of losing areas they can legally ride. they are enforcing noise bylaws pretty aggressively in the cities now regarding pipes on Harleys, been seeing it a lot on the news more and more each summer.

Cornice jumper

Reaction score
I have said many times on this site. Keep it stock and quiet. Some day you will want to ride it around home. If we continue to have LOUD sleds around we will have no place to ride. The motor in your sled is also very technical as well do you want to fiddle with how it runs just to be loud?? Not worth the worry and headache if you somehow do have a problem with the sled. How many times do you want to keep changing out your exhaust just to take it into the dealer. If you put a RACE CAN on it and it has a negative affect on how it runs, you take it back to the dealer with the stock can back on it, how do you expect them to fix the problem when you have already changed the exhaust back.:confused::confused:. JMHO
that picture says it all, I'm sure your a nice guy can't imagine being very fun to ride with

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll second that, Glen is a terrific guy, very dedicated to our sport. I love loud, especially in the mountains, but also respect the farmers and residentials as well. If they require quiet to keep the peace then so be it. I've heard or read some where that mbrp was one of the worst for the etec, I can't remember where. But having said that, I met a guy in McBride who had one on a freeride and he absolutely loved it. I know the carbon can works really well, and is LOUD as hell at WOT, has a nice deep rumble at idle and mid,.then screams like a raped banshee.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is a can that saves weight, is not obnoxiously loud, and it will cook a variety of meals for you; from garlic lemon shrimp, scallops in an alfredo sauce, or any of the usual Muff-pot meals. I even bought some cinnamon rolls the other day from the SledChef at the Coal Creek staging area in Fernie. Now that is a nice hot treat…..:D

IMG_1667.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loud pipes save lives !! thats a fact Jack !!!!

Saves your life??? But kills your ears your friends ears and kill trail systems. Not worth it. I have a SLP generation 2007 quiet can on my sled. Saves weight NOT loud and it gives me a place to mount my muff pot. Got to have a place to cook cheeze smokies.
Oh and I am fun to ride with. Just saying

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think your telephone is going off there is so much ringing in your ears.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a can that saves weight, is not obnoxiously loud, and it will cook a variety of meals for you; from garlic lemon shrimp, scallops in an alfredo sauce, or any of the usual Muff-pot meals. I even bought some cinnamon rolls the other day from the SledChef at the Coal Creek staging area in Fernie. Now that is a nice hot treat…..:D

View attachment 145367

What type of can? And where did you purchase it?

Britt

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quiet exhaust ch!t doesn't fly in the mountains, I can see if you only ride around home(farm areas) but I prefer my buddies to have aftermarket exhaust so I can hear where they are. If they are stuck somewhere in the trees there is a better chance if me hearing them than with stock quiet exhaust so I can help them out or vice versa. Someone sounds like they have talked to the slp guys too much, they are anti loud exhaust. Look at all the loud Harley's cruising the streets in the summer. What's the difference?
If you cant hear a stock sled in the hills, you may want to get your hearing checked. They are all pretty loud when you are on the pin.

joebrokeit

Reaction score
As far as i know all mods to the engine or its componants[intake or exhaust] will void warranty. One call to your manufacture of your choice will tell you for certain!! As far as the dealer sucking because he won't turn a blind eye that is wrong. Why should they risk turning in a fraudulant warranty claim? For those dealers that do my hats off to them customer service is key:d. jmho

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went to the dealer the other day to seee about a mbrp can cause thats alll u can have without voiding warranty. there book says trail can but he said if brought a product number in for the race can that they would order one does anybody know the part number for a mbrp race can because i would like a nice rumble and braaaap sound u know. i would love a jaws can but voids warranty. any body have a race can on there sled if so do u like it.

i guess i could just buy the jaws somewhere else and if i need to take sled in just put the stock one back on. or would they know?
it s for a 2013 summit 800 etec. thanks.

what you want is an HPS can NOT MBRP!!!

ryderbenson

Reaction score
Mbrp can is the only can on the market that won't make you lose horsepower on a 800 e-tec every other can will actually make you lose 1-2 or even 4-5 HP and this is coming right out of the mouth of a skidoo rep and tester so really it's a good choice to go mbrp cuz brp and mbrp actually teamed up to build this can for the e-tec

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find it hard to believe mbrp is the best choice 3 of five in our group are throwing codes steady with them and they have been a leader in hp loss on cats for years, specialty sleds can barks but doesn't throw codes and have dyno tested to prove no hp loss

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find it hard to believe mbrp is the best choice 3 of five in our group are throwing codes steady with them and they have been a leader in hp loss on cats for years, specialty sleds can barks but doesn't throw codes and have dyno tested to prove no hp loss
I have been very disappointed in the MBRP can since the ETEC came out. My sled has run like crap at low elevations each year and now they are throwing codes this year. Switched to a Specialty can this year and will try it out this week in Revy. I have my doubts now MBRP is working side by side with BRP cause something isn't right. jmo.

Top Bottom