2013 pro skid work on a 2012 assault?

muddmadness

Reaction score
i want a 163 skid for my 2012 assault, i just cant keep the front down on a steep climb and the weight loss program just isnt happening so some added flotation would help. So i am thinking of buying a used 163 skid from a 2013 pro. Will this bolt right up?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want a 163 skid for my 2012 assault, i just cant keep the front down on a steep climb and the weight loss program just isnt happening so some added flotation would help. So i am thinking of buying a used 163 skid from a 2013 pro. Will this bolt right up?

yah but you need to drill out the upper holes threw the tunnel at the front skid mount. you CAN do a tunnel extension but its not needed, polaris tunnels are long.

the pics from a 144 assault but the idea is the same, there is a hole just above the current one in the gusset but not threw the tunnel, you just need to drill the tunnel and bolt in that upper hole, it will trench less. Also the Pro rails are flatter than the assault rails and are designed for the suspension to be run in the top hole.

Attachments

• Rear1.jpg
    Rear1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Rideordie

Reaction score
I had a 2012 assault and I now have a 2014 pro and I can't think of anything that would hold you up. If you went to a 3" track you would have to do a chain case mod or drop and roll.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need a 163" track. Have a brand new stock pro 163" track $350 shipped to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom