2013 Polaris RMK 600 155"....Whats the difference between the PRO?

landownunder

Reaction score
Hey guys I found a good deal on a used 2013 RMK600 155" that I'm thinking of picking up for the wife, it is NOT the ProRMK. She currently rides a 2008 RMK600 155" and she quite enjoys it.

Two questions:
1. How similar will the newer sled handle compared to her 2008?

2. Whats the differences between the Pro and standard RMK? From what I could find the only differences were the standard RMK has an extra cooler and bogeys, and the Pro has the better Walker Evans shocks. Is this the only difference? Are they both the same chassis?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pro has Quick Drive belt system, small cooler, and carbon fiber overstructure, Walker Evans shocks (which need help out of the box). They are basically the same chassis. The standard RMK is better for low snow conditions, and the chaincase is more reliable then Polaris's version of a belt drive - I changed the Quick Drive out for a C3 setup before the first season was out on my wife's Pro.
The new Pro Ride chassis is considerably more nimble then the IQ chassis your wife is currently on. More fun to ride IMHO.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The handle bars are also just the standard bars, whereas the pro has pro tapers. Some people (like me) actually prefer the standard bars. As stated above the non pro is just about as good of a sled for considerably cheaper.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt the a-arms different to? I thought the were welded opposed to the glued in ones. I think the standard rmk is a better sled.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically the same machine. Engine, clutches, track, suspension, running boards, seat. Biggest tech change is the quickdrive, otherwise it's all about saving a couple pounds. I believe 18#'s diff.

Different:
1) Bonded A-Arms (PRO) vs. time tested Welded A-arms
2) QuickDrive™ belt drive (PRO) vs. Chaindrive (Std).
3) Bonded Aluminum Driveshaft with collar (PRO) vs. Welded/Hydroformed shaft
4) Handlebars
5) Brake master cylinder and electrical control location.
6) Bulkhead heat exhchanger (cooler)... Yes on Standard, NO on the pro
7) Shock Absorbers
8) Snow Flap, Ported (holes in it) on the PRO... Not on the Standard
9) The PRO has scratchers... Std has Bogie wheels.. but pre-drilled for scratchers.
10) Carbon fiber rear bumper (PRO) vs. Aluminum on the Std.
11) Carbon fiber over-structure (fwd section of the steering pyramid) on the PRO vs. Aluminum on the standard.

FWIW, my 13 Pro 600 was/is a great ride, but I went with the RMK model for 2015 cause I liked some of the features better than the Pro.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son has the 600 RMK and loves it and I have 800 pro. I do prefer the handlebars on my sons sled over mine. the 600 is a rock solid engine

landownunder

Reaction score
I ended up picking up the sled. Got it for an awesome price and still has warranty for another year too, should be a great unit. I think in my situation this will actually work better than the Pro since it has that extra cooler, had a few rides around Edmonton last year where there wasnt too much snow. It has a brand new hood and side panels on it, the kid who owned it before painted the running boards and shocks springs and the paint is coming off a bit but other than that it is pretty mint!

20151017_105057.jpg

Top Bottom