2013 800 pro won't rev and feels sluggish...

tothebar

Reaction score
Took my sled to valemount this wknd and couldn't pull more that 7900 rpm on dick hard snow. Rode it 3 weeks before in Revy in balls deep pow and was pulling 8250 all day long. The only thing that was done between that time was a new drive shaft installed by Polaris. I took it for a ride across my yard back home in ab and could pull 8200, normally it's pulling 8500 at home. Anyone else having this issue??

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tighter track from driveshft swap?Sticky roller in clutch?

tothebar

Reaction score
Spring isn't broken. Rollers, rolling. Track is a little bit tighter but not enough to drop 300 to 400 rpm I wouldn't think...

Littledoo10

Reaction score
I noticed when i went for a ride on sunday at my farm mine bogged out and fell flat on its face for a couple seconds under full throttle pumpin it but then opend up good right after. I got just shy of 100 miles on my '13, is this some kind of break in perod finishing notification or somethin or what happend? Sound like a similar issue like you had but not as bad. Did yours maybe do the same around the same milage?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check they didn't change your fuel setting to ethane for running here when they changed your track, that can cost some power.

tothebar

Reaction score
Mine did fall on it's face once around 100kms but never did it again.
I'm not on ethanol mode. Could a bad belt cause me to lose tgat much rpm? Defflection is good. It is acting like exhast valves aren't opening properly but I checked them and they r working fine.
I'm getting frustrated with this thing!

tothebar

Reaction score
That would have been my nxt step. Primary spring is broken couldn't see it till I pulled the clutch apart.. Thanks for the replys boys.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would have been my nxt step. Primary spring is broken couldn't see it till I pulled the clutch apart.. Thanks for the replys boys.

Thank you for letting us know, too many times a thread starts out and we never hear if the guy found the problem. Glad to hear its a simple fix.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 13 spring failed around 350ish miles. glad they're so easy to change out.

blackie205

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
one thing i noticed on my sled about 300 miles in is the throtttle cable stretched and the adjuster back up was not tightened so i took out the slack added 100 rpm check to c if u guys r getting full throttle ps the adjuster is in middle of your bars super easy to do takes 1 min just leave a bit of slack but make sure it bottoms out cheers peeps these 13s rock

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The good old broken primary spring. bought a sled back in 02 with a broken clutch spring, they guy sold it CHEAP. had lots of miles, guy probably thought he just got ride of a ticking time bomb but new spring and sold the thing 3 years ago with no problems after that.

Top Bottom