2012 Yamahas?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Yammy boys sure have been quiet around here lately with all the fuss over the 2012 Cats and Poos. Aren't you guys due for a new engine that can compete with an 800cc 2 stroke?

Flame on:d:smiliestirthepot:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have it but it costs 25,000

but the 2 stroker is on the 4th set of pistons and the 3rd crank when the yammy is just getting the first oil change though......................

Apparently Feb 28th is when the fat lady sings.............or when pigs fly. Or when singing fat ladies ride flying pigs.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Yammy boys sure have been quiet around here lately with all the fuss over the 2012 Cats and Poos. Aren't you guys due for a new engine that can compete with an 800cc 2 stroke?

We're all too friggin happy riding to get on here and complain.

Got small block?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're all too friggin happy riding to get on here and complain.

Got small block?

I was going to tell them about that jump you took the other day....you know the one......when you landed that heavy yammy buried itself so far into the earth that you struck oil........

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well sorry guy's we've been out riding our bullet proof 4 strokers rather than re-building top ends / bottom ends or biatching that warranty won't cover the 3rd 4th or 5th engine missing out on the riding season.

It is really enjoyable when all you have to do is turn the key and go....... :d any time you want :eek:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to tell them about that jump you took the other day....you know the one......when you landed that heavy yammy buried itself so far into the earth that you struck oil........

A little deeper and maybe I'll hit c-12!

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what 2012 brings from Yamaha. Just bought a 2010 Phazer for a wife/learner sled and I've had a blast on it so far. Way better than the two-smokers we use for work (lately they've been creating more work than they've been getting done). I'm thinking of picking up a bigger sled for myself soon and it definitely gonna be a big four stroke yammie...I'm another one of those who'd rather be riding than wrenching.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrenching sucks.......when is the first service besides oil change for the Apex? I heard for the R1 bike which I think is the same engine is valve service at 20 000KM any input? only thing I do is greese the M-10 every ride lol and turn key.

carver1

Reaction score
compete how, my nytro still the same motor it came with. don't know anybody with a po or doo that has.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrenching sucks.......when is the first service besides oil change for the Apex? I heard for the R1 bike which I think is the same engine is valve service at 20 000KM any input? only thing I do is greese the M-10 every ride lol and turn key.

500 first oil change and every 20,000 after that. Just turn the key and go :d lets see a 2 smoke do that? Yeah might be heavy but that's what a turbo is for if you want.

Top Bottom