2012 sled problems

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright lets hear all the TRUE sled problems from all the 2012 2 strokes! once again only true storeis not an I heard story! I'll begin and yes mine is only a 2011 sorry lol

-2011 skidoo no check engine light has ever come on. slight little hesitation at lower elevations under 1200 m put new clutching and pipe kit on bog seems to be gone. skis are a bit to narrow for loading on my deck I have already tore apart 1 set of stock skis and working on a set of simmons. front shocks after 2400 km's wouldnt turn for adjusting them but nothing some tlc didnt fix. free top end at 2600km,other than that 4000 km's of hard mountain riding and no major issues other than myself running into trees and bending the top a-arm nothng a $100 couldnt fix .

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm amazed no one has responded yet! This is a perfect thread to post up things you like and dislike and maybe it might get heard if enough issues are raised on a problem for the manufacturer to fix it! once again not brand bashing but lets here the REAL problems these new machines are having

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hasn't happened to me yet but have seen it twice allready nose down into the bars and they fold forward great no broken ribs but cuts all electrical wires to bars sucks when no pull start on sled reroute wires to inside of the riser from behind no more issues

snowthing

Reaction score
Have 1000 km on my 2012 summit x 163 with mbrp can. only thing i have noticed so far is a bit of hessitation every now and then at low elivation other than that the sled perfomes fantastic and i couldnt be happier.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont burp tank for the extra gallon of fuel sensor quits workn and your reading full all day replace 7.5 amp fuse for a 25 or 30 this seems to be the fix most of these are all ready posted in maxwell's xp thread

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remeber this is a thread about ALL new model 2 stroke sleds not just doo cause i know poo and kitty are having some issues as well

sledder777

Reaction score
I ride an RMK PRO, been out 12 or so times this year and the only problem I have is sore ribs from laughing at Doo and Kopy cat riders.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only issue I have had with my freeride is that fact there isnt more snow around home. So not as many miles on it as I would have thought.

bbecker17

Reaction score
2012 pro 800 rmk --> got 800 miles on so far, jaws can and nothing else, slight hesitation everyone once in a while, Broke a primary clutch spring at around 500 miles, at around 750 miles i was having a bog problem took it to dealership they recalibrated TPS under warranty and bogs gone,

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the honest responses on TRUE ISSUES! I DOO beleieve i have laughed at A few COPY PRO'S on my XP as well! (remeber the look of the dragon in 2010? hmmmmmm looks a little more xp'ish now doesnt it!) I'm waiting to hear from a few of the cat guys we know the doo and poo have been super solid in 2012 kinda wanna hear some non horror stories from the cat camp

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy now doug work is a 4 letter word to me ! hahahaha no i got out of selling and doing the factory parts on vehicles I still own 6 car dealerships but dont work at them lol I openend up a shop in pincher creek called castle custom trucks building up custom rides i like it! But now since i own and operate the shop i wont get near as many km's. yeah last year was the most riding I have ever done and most rides were on average about 75 km's. But like i said no real problems nothing that has left me stranded and not be able to go riding so i'm extremely happy and very impressed with my ETEC

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My buddy i do all my riding with hit a tree kinda upside down and the console plastic pushed down on the headlight and airbox breaking both. It seems like a poor desing as the sled only flopped into the tree and was pretty mild. It is different mounting than the original xp's. This was a 2012 freeride. Other than that he has around 1000 miles and no problem other than the low elevation hesitation. the etec loves a blend of av gas also.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh I guess I'll be the first cat guy to chime in here, screw it..I dont have many complaints, but for one thing I can say for certain is BELTS BELTS BELTS!!!!! Fml!!!! Apparently cats cure for that is to send us all new belts in the mail.... Gee thanks, that makes up for one of the 3 belts I've replaced so far in 600 miles... I done a few 20-25ft drops last trip in revy, my bars are squeaky now, dunno what happened, still haven't pulled it out of the box of my truck to look at it, could just be my fat ass landing the wrong way I guess lol. My seat, ever since the first day it's been taken off, hasn't went back on right since. I can clip all the hooks in where they're sposed to go, but every time I come down from a day of tree riding it's falling off. That's really the only issues I've had so far. There are some features that I dislike about the sled, but whatever. Im sure other cat guys have troubles with these things and much more... Hence the million page long proclimb issues thread.... Oh, which reminds me, I got the 2012 m8 snopro 162. Ok, there's my story, now let's all make fun of the lone cat guy that came outta the woodwork here..... LOL

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh I guess I'll be the first cat guy to chime in here, screw it..I dont have many complaints, but for one thing I can say for certain is BELTS BELTS BELTS!!!!! Fml!!!! Apparently cats cure for that is to send us all new belts in the mail.... Gee thanks, that makes up for one of the 3 belts I've replaced so far in 600 miles... I done a few 20-25ft drops last trip in revy, my bars are squeaky now, dunno what happened, still haven't pulled it out of the box of my truck to look at it, could just be my fat ass landing the wrong way I guess lol. My seat, ever since the first day it's been taken off, hasn't went back on right since. I can clip all the hooks in where they're sposed to go, but every time I come down from a day of free riding it's falling off. That's really the only issues I've had so far. There are some features that I dislike about the sled, but whatever. Im sure other cat guys have troubles with these things and much more... Hence the million page long proclimb issues thread.... Oh, which reminds me, I got the 2012 m8 snopro 162. Ok, there's my story, now let's all make fun of the lone cat guy that came outta the woodwork here..... LOL

Belts, belts, belts........I feel your pain brutha! I remember the 08 XP all to well.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belts, belts, belts........I feel your pain brutha! I remember the 08 XP all to well.
Yeah man it's brutal. My fourth spare belt I've bought is in my backpack, reason being there's no where else to put it. And when these sled chew a belt... Holy crap... My sleds mangled on the clutch side. So heart breaking. Belt guard is mangled to every possible shape it could be, blew a hole out thru my plastics, it's unreal. I have a feeling I may just snowcheck a 2013 unless brp drags em thru the mud and takes away our 800 ho...... LOL

aksnopro

Reaction score
You can adjust the seat clip (thats on the tank) i took my screw out and run it without a screw in it. adjusted right shes tight and dont fall off.

It isnt just another belt its a whole different belt same compound as the m1100 turbo.

Mine has ran flawless except for the belt issue. Sealing the belt area was a bugger but aside from the belt issue i think they did okay for a first year release.

-Aksnopro

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest response Kyle and no we wont rag on ya........... to hard atleast haha. Yeah I remeber the 08 xp and it's belt issue that was brutal! it really does suck blowing belts. I feel your pain it's good you get a new belt but what about all the other belts you blew! But thanks again for coming out with an honest issue!

on the gauge/dash pod issue I have seen a few crack like that from minor whacks! mine is cracked all by the brake side headlight but still working and holding the headlight in there nothing a few zip ties couldnt fix for mine you gotta love the stitched up look hahaha.

badger

Reaction score
Have 2012 proclimb with only 500 miles on it but still on original belt. Have heard lots of guys having belt issues. My only complaint so far is no storage any were..

Top Bottom