2012 Recalls taking forever

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for the last 30 days to get their recall updates done to their 2012 Cats? Items include a sticker, some bolts, and some upgrades to the secondary clutch.

30 days and waiting...

Nice and its the first November 1st that we could ride at the homeland.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. They told me to bring it in, when I got there told me it would be until at least the 13th for parts. Not cool

sabercat2599

Reaction score
I took mine in on oct 13, and picked it up on the 16th. Sounds like your dealer needs a service manager that doesnt overbook work.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine only took a couple weeks but i also told them i wasn't in any hurry. They were really backed up with the snow checks

geordiep

Reaction score
Ralph's were scheduling 1 day turn overs for the recall kits more than a month ago. They had their ducks in a row.

Just wish my 20T top gear arrived before they did the recall to save me the hassle of installing it.

geordiep

Reaction score
Forgot to ask dealer - were they instructed to align clutches after doing recalls? And which settings 2013 specs of 1.45" offset or 2012 with 1.485.

Is it worth buying an alignment bar?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds purchased before feb 15 have to be done by month end. Those after have rest of the season. Just sayin'

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has been in at the dealership since the gear case blew up from the reverse problem since March 15th. I phoned last friday and still not complete! I missed 2 1/2 months of riding and Arctic Cat nor my dealer will help me out. Good thing My new XM came in on time.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the letter, called Northgate in Grande Prairie, was booked in within 2 weeks, done deal.

good service over there for sure !

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad brought his in on a Saturday and they called him Monday and it was done, sounds like a dealer issue more than a company issue

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done first week of October. They called me in September to let me know kits will be there and to book it in before the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it back today. I think they forgot to order the kits... 3 days shy of a month

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat was releasing kits a few here, a few there. Been really tough on the dealers.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a few more then the recalls for them to do. For some reason all the rivots fell out of one of the rear suspension drop brackets and they also rattle loose right below the seat. Now they are fixing it under warranty but i replaced rivots in the past and they never hold as well as factory so im positive they will just fall out again. As well i have the white special edition tunnel and they are replacing them with black rivots! What is everyones take on that? I think they shoud be powder coated!

geordiep

Reaction score
The delay was caused by a 2nd kit announced on Oct 9th.

The original kit included:
coolant hose, secondary rollers, suspension washers & torquing, etc...

The second kit included:
secondary spacer (to limit spring compression)
secondary bushings

Most dealers had installed the first kit before the second was announce and/or available, hence the delay.

Also, Dealer confirmed they aligned clutches to 2012 spec (I think 1.485" offset) after all updates were done.

Will this fix the belt heat and cord pulling? Lets hope.

Top Bottom