2012 Ram 2500 slt crew cab

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need your imput
Im in the process ov buying a new truck and im just wondering who and were they got the best deal from?
Have a quote from Crosstown for a 2012 slt crew cab 6.7/ 6 speed auto with bucket seats, remote start for 51 and change
Just was looking for your experiences on dealers that are good or bad

Had a 2007 2500 Laramie 5.9 and got writen off on Christmas day, GF lost control on black ice hit the ditch side ways and rolled twice on # 2
She walked away with only a few scratches and bruises, all i can say she is one lucky girl

Thanks in advance

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherwood Dodge were very good to me when I was dealing in 2011. Not sure if you've checked out Carcostcanada.com That website will let you know how much the dealer paid for the truck and even hidden incentives and rebates that you might not be aware of. And they will set you up with a dealer that will honour that deal, which is usually 3% above what they paid. I've purchased 2 new vehicles using this site, it's awesome.

Last edited:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherwood Dodge were very good to me when I was dealing in 2011. Not sure if you've checked out Carcostcanada.com That website will let you know how much the dealer paid for the truck and even hidden incentives and rebates that you might be aware of. And they will set you up with a dealer that will honour that deal, which is usually 3% above what they paid. I've purchased 2 new vehicles using this site, it's awesome.

Thanks i will check that out, good info

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never dealt with them but try the dodge dealer in Camrose before you buy. Heard nothing but good about them.

• Thanks
Reactions: win

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Big 4 motors in Calgary. Ask for Darcy. Tell him Spencer sent you. He gives my friends close to cost.

2012 Camo Commander 1000 XT

-28" Zillas on 14" Diesels
-///AIRDAM Primary
-HMF Swamp Series XL
-Pro Armor Doors
-X Fox Shocks
-HD Tie Rods
-Half Windshield
-Sport Roof / Rear Screen
-SSV OH Stereo
-PPSM Snorkels
-HD Bumper
-Rock Sliders
-Billet Shifter
-Bash Plate
-Muzzy Black Box

• Thanks

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad your GF is okay,..

Any parts off your old truck you want to get rid of?

Me to, thanks
Well in not sure that im the owner any more, i would think State Farm is
Truck only had 138000 km so yah i would say the cummins is worth a few bucks, iv been told that if anything is bolted it stays with the truck

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2012' 3500 Megacab Laramie a year ago for 59+tax at Southtown Chrysler. Sales guys there were pretty decent to deal with too.

• Thanks

blar

Reaction score
You would look good in this!

prius-truck.jpg

• Love

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm driving a 2012 slt right now. Rental as moose kissed the side of f150.
Piece of chit IMO cab is always cold on the outside along the doors, headlights suck azz, could be an adjustment thing though like I said not mine, hard on fuel as best I can get is 17 l/100 km, sears seem to high feel crouched over in cab dash is ugly as hell when compared to the ford chev or Toyota, no Bluetooth in the slt, no USB port for iPod, etc, no 120v plug in for charger kids video players iPods etc, no back seat charger either, sounds tinny if that makes sense when you close the doors and tailgate.
Once again this is just my opinion I am not a hard core anything guy. If I like it I drive it. These are just a couple things I have notice when comparing to my 09 ford.
Look at all the major brands before making a decision unless your hard set on dodge

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will get any of the options you listed in any of the other Brands either if it is the base model...If ordering a Larmie or LongHorn they have as many options or more as any other truck out there.

"Piece of chit IMO cab is always cold on the outside along the doors"...So on your Ford the outside doors are heated?

• Love

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need your imput
Im in the process ov buying a new truck and im just wondering who and were they got the best deal from?
Have a quote from Crosstown for a 2012 slt crew cab 6.7/ 6 speed auto with bucket seats, remote start for 51 and change
Just was looking for your experiences on dealers that are good or bad

Had a 2007 2500 Laramie 5.9 and got writen off on Christmas day, GF lost control on black ice hit the ditch side ways and rolled twice on # 2
She walked away with only a few scratches and bruises, all i can say she is one lucky girl

Thanks in advance

If ya can.....hold out for a 2013 1 ton, you won't be sorry! Better on fuel, Bigger, badder in everyway over the 2012's! Should be hitting the dealers in the next month or so!

Check it out.... 2013 Ram Heavy Duty Pickup Trucks: Ram 2500 and 3500

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will get any of the options you listed in any of the other Brands either if it is the base model...If ordering a Larmie or LongHorn they have as many options or more as any other truck out there.

"Piece of chit IMO cab is always cold on the outside along the doors"...So on your Ford the outside doors are heated?

No it is just a cold truck in the cab. Fords is way bigger and never cold in the cab. Other thing on the dodge was it was really hard to keep windshield defrosted when it was cold out. Always wanted to freeze down the Center on both sides. Unless you had it on full defrost but the your legs froze

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and btw the wife's xlt had all those options but the 120 plug in
Just sayin

Top Bottom