2012 pro rmk running hot

Reaction score
Hey looking to see if anyone had this problem went out riding yesterday ran 125 to 135 depending how I rode it today same ride same snow conditions ran 150 up to 160 odd any help would be great

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 unless you are riding in powder, you need to put scratchers down. Mine went from 125F to 150F-160F without scratchers.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last weekend in fernie my 2011 rmk assault ran good up until the last day.. it went into limp mode and i couldn't figure out why.. so i called the dealership last Tuesday to book it in for them to have a loosky at er.. apparently it had overheated 5 times causing it to go into limp mode.. what im confuzzled about is why my temp gauge didnt go over 150.. stayed right around the 123-127 degrees f the whole time except fer the odd time on the trail up or down.. any ideas why the temp gauge didnt go up at all when apparently it was overheating?

Reaction score
I also noticed when I checked coolent it was about 2 inches below full cold level the sled was cold so filled it back up to mark went for short ride parked it overnight checked it next morning down about inch and half below full cold level again could this b a problem

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you overheat the machine once, you can boil some coolant out of it. When this happens you can get an air bubble in the system, or on the head, where your temp sensor is for your guage. This could actually show that the machine is still running cool when in fact it is not. If the coolant doesnt cover the sensor then you will not get acurate readings. If you are loosing coolant you need to make sure all the air is out of the system or it will keep pumping it out. You need to elevate the front of the machine up as high as you can get it and the air should bubble up to the bottle. Then top the coolant up.

jimbo850xp

Reaction score
Just wondering at what temperature is too hot? At what temp. does the light go on?

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you overheat the machine once, you can boil some coolant out of it. When this happens you can get an air bubble in the system, or on the head, where your temp sensor is for your guage. This could actually show that the machine is still running cool when in fact it is not. If the coolant doesnt cover the sensor then you will not get acurate readings. If you are loosing coolant you need to make sure all the air is out of the system or it will keep pumping it out. You need to elevate the front of the machine up as high as you can get it and the air should bubble up to the bottle. Then top the coolant up.

Hmm learn somethin new everyday.. Thanks glassman!

Sent from a phone likely at work

Top Bottom