2012 Pro RMK 800 Adding additional 30 -40 Horse Power ???

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head over to the Polaris section we have lots of info in there. If you don't find what your looking for pm Chrisco. :)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to NM from Boost-it. From what I've seen there are a lot of bugs with adding a lot of hp to the Pros. Neil has his kits ready to go with all the fixes. Plus he's the only Canadian built kit for the Pro. He's in Ponoka... Not far from Cow-Town.

Fan960

Reaction score
Elkford & Fernie ,Sled works great in the stock trim, however It would be nice to have the additional power when needed.

gdawg

Reaction score
without a doubt bd kit on straight av. 1200 miles no issues only once tps was out. 20 dollar calibration fix. un believable power and set up as long as the right guy does it!

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
Elkford & Fernie ,Sled works great in the stock trim, however It would be nice to have the additional power when needed.

I agree, more power would be nice. Is the snow somewhat soft down south? The last time I went riding you only sunk down 6"s and could climb almost anything and go anywhere...that's why I'm asking.

Fan960

Reaction score
Yes, Its setup in the morning and softens up in the mid-afternoon. and you can go almost anywhere.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't going to get any more than 20hp out of big bore pipes head etc. Turbo is the only way to go if that's what kind of power your looking for

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the best options, Boondocker, Twisted, Bigbore Kits, ????

A big bore kit may limit your hunger for HP, with a turbo you can always add more ponies by turning up boost and better fuel. Matthew with Mountain Toys in Cochrane has installed a couple Boondocker kits that are running very well!! Good luck with which ever option you choose!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, more power would be nice. Is the snow somewhat soft down south? The last time I went riding you only sunk down 6"s and could climb almost anything and go anywhere...that's why I'm asking.

More HP needed in the deep days in the early season, this time of year you can climb anything riding a Skandic 380, don't need more power now, are you thinking he's only going to install it for spring riding? Question unclear.

If you like the sled and only need extra power "now and then", might want to look at a wet nitrous kit (I know I know, it seems old school). Far cheaper than boost or big bore. Otherwise I would suggest looking at SLP's website, they got some decent gains out of the 800 without too much trouble, for pretty cheap with their stage kits (reeds, pipe, head mods etc). Then put the remaining cash you save towards putting the sled on a little diet as well, you can keep the motor reliability closer to stock and still get a better power to weight ratio.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't going to get any more than 20hp out of big bore pipes head etc. Turbo is the only way to go if that's what kind of power your looking for

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

add nitrous to this and you got your 30-40hp.... i know i am near 200 on the bottle for myself.

I would recommend the BB option to anyone personnally. Have had great success with it. Instant power and the bottom end grunt you pick up is awasome in the trees. Nitrous just makes it that much more fun:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP stage 3 kit making 15 HP more than stock $1850, add 20 HP shot of nitrous (boondocker kit safe at 20 HP on 91 pump gas) $800, you got 15 extra HP all the time and the other 20 HP in reserve. Total under $3000 and put a $1000 towards lightweight parts (seat etc), still $3000 under a turbo. No lag and no race gas and like oler said, adds torque down low so picks up some low end grunt. You could go with the Stage 4 kit but they do porting, porting not traditionally considered mountain mod.

If money is less of an object, call NM and buy the turbo kit when its ready, you'll get far more than 40 HP as well.

Fan960

Reaction score
Money is not a concern; however I do like money so therefore I want the best bang for the buck.
I have already put the sled on a diet, Light weight seat, Can ,suspension ,Sreened hood,sidepanels,Removed the headlight assembly.
I do appreciate all the input, Turbo seems to be the answer; 5 to 6 lbs of boost on a self contained unit would appear to be the most users friendly.

And I love the etec comment 30-40 Hp / ///NOT POUNDS!!! And I have thought of going Doo Etec, But I just can’t give up the great handling of the Pro RMK.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just add booooast. Lots and lots of booooast!!!!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to NM from Boost-it. From what I've seen there are a lot of bugs with adding a lot of hp to the Pros. Neil has his kits ready to go with all the fixes. Plus he's the only Canadian built kit for the Pro. He's in Ponoka... Not far from Cow-Town.
X2 on what powderpilot wrote. Neil made great strides with the Yamaha crowd, has been working on standalone fuel management too. His RMK`s rip from what I`ve seen. And the big bonus is that he`s local, so you know you`ll have good support.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
I think you should get a turbo get a Aerocharger turbo kit there like $6,000. since you have no head light the intercooler would work great also you can run pump gas to full race gas.

Top Bottom