2012 M8 Pro Climb with Garrett GTX Turbo and E-Tec Turbos

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Now that the season is slowing down, just thought I would up-date our 2012 turbo projects. We are very impressed with the new Garrett GTX turbo on our 2012 M-8. We ran a GTX2867 which we received in November and are confident in the set-up now that we have had a season of R and D. The same goes for the 800 Skidoo E-Tecs that we did with Aerocharger kits. The one of them has more than 1200 miles on it and once again now that we have had the season of R and D we are 99% satisfied. (Have to leave a little room for improvement, nothing is perfect) The shop has ordered 2 new 2013 Ski-doo E-Tec 800 machines for this coming fall and at least one of them if not both will be turbo charged. I will post pictures of the 2012 sleds when they return from the mountains.

Hope everybody had a great season and we already can't wait for next year.

Bruce

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with both sleds quite a bit this winter and they did work well so did the pro rmk turbo's that Ken built all three brands ran very well with minimal tuning once setup. We all had a great season of riding

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with both sleds quite a bit this winter and they did work well so did the pro rmk turbo's that Ken built all three brands ran very well with minimal tuning once setup. We all had a great season of riding
but which one was the most impressive?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but which one was the most impressive?[/QU Honestly all the 800 turbos i rode with were very comparable all three brands worked well and were quite consitant. i personally think that the pro Rmk was the quickest to tune as the etech took alittle longer due to a new setup and program for the computer the cat worked good aswell but was a little finiky during initial setup on the hill they were all very close ken ussually runs his around 8-10 psi and they are all geared for around 70mph most of them had the same clutching for the most part including running a paragon secondary wich works very well. ken bruce and the rest of the gang rode quite a bit this year with 0 sleds beings towed out i personally rode 17 days this year and ken was there for most of them so i personally seen the r&d on these three sleds and they were all very impressive in my opinion but i did like the orange pro 174 the best just my 2 cents. Next season is going to be awsome with the new 2013 turbo's can hardly fricken wait. The 1200 doo also ran great this season tried lots of different setups for the clutching just to see how it worked. Some better than others going to be running a different style of weights next season in the primary and thats about all the changes it will see as it works very well she climbed some nasty hills this season. Eric

Top Bottom