2012 m1100 turbo won't rev past 6800

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't build past 6800 rpm in the deep snow and 7200 down a trail. Went back to stock clutching, tried another secondary off another 1100, removed my hijacker 2.0 hoping it was the box but no such luck!! What could it be? Injector? Plugs? Sled idles fine and doesn't sound to be missing but I do think it over fueling! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked that, just put new mbrp intercooler tubes in, might have to go back to stock!!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked that, just put new mbrp intercooler tubes in, might have to go back to stock!!

this may sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it any way. You didn't happen to leave a rag stuffed in the intake of the intercooler.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this may sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it any way. You didn't happen to leave a rag stuffed in the intake of the intercooler.

good call !!!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually means your not building any boost above your waste gate pressure
make sure your lines to the the boost reference dealy in your fuse panel are run correctly(might have pulled one off doing charge tubes)that spigot on the bottom cracks easy
farther up that line is the map sensor on the side of your throttle bodies( there is a good drawing in the EVO directions for their BRV)
check rod didn't come off your wastegate
just finished dealing with same problem and my bracket to hold actuator had snapped when someone tested out my launch control
had a spare sled handy to swap electronics with until tear down revealed broken bracket

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
usually means your not building any boost above your waste gate pressure
make sure your lines to the the boost reference dealy in your fuse panel are run correctly(might have pulled one off doing charge tubes)that spigot on the bottom cracks easy
farther up that line is the map sensor on the side of your throttle bodies( there is a good drawing in the EVO directions for their BRV)
check rod didn't come off your wastegate
just finished dealing with same problem and my bracket to hold actuator had snapped when someone tested out my launch control
had a spare sled handy to swap electronics with until tear down revealed broken bracket

So that's what the verdict is. I was wondering but have been gone the last week due to an awesome Xmas present lol. Do I get my BRS back now lol?

mikar

Reaction score
Having the same rpm issues, turbo not spooling up. Anybody ever have to rebuild these turbo's or replace the wastegate actuator? OPS wastegate actuator any good or is there a better alternative? Was damn hot under hood !! 35 miles deep snow sucks with no turbo!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom