2012 M1100 turbo, 3" lug track?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I'm about to do one and was told to cut the track down to 15" wide and go with 7 tooth drivers. Other than that it's a bolt in. Anyone have to do anything else? One fella said he was told you have to trim the outer lugs at an angle a bit? Any help would be a bonus, thanks.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I'm about to do one and was told to cut the track down to 15" wide and go with 7 tooth drivers. Other than that it's a bolt in. Anyone have to do anything else? One fella said he was told you have to trim the outer lugs at an angle a bit? Any help would be a bonus, thanks.
I woulldnt do it Sparrow!:nono::nono:

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the 3" sucks in the trees when you need to spin the back end in to maneuver it. It just wants to push. Just mop though I wouldn't do it.
I have heard that guys put them in with out changing drivers too. 3/8" clearance to the cooler.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the 2.5 XTreme. I heard from a few different sources that the 3" has a bad habit of throwing lugs when you start ripping on it in anything other than soft pow.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure on the drivers but you will need to cut down to 15'' and yes the tip of the outside lugs need to be trimmed on an angle because of the tapered tunnel. i have not done it but i did a fair bit of looking into it and decided with the extreme 2.5

Top Bottom