2012 F150 FX4 w/ a 5L V8 vs sled trailer

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last couple winters i've been hauling my sled in the box of my truck or loading up onto buddies sled deck. This winter i figured i'd buy myself a trailer..

Started out looking for an aluminum 2 or 3 place - drive on, drive off.. After doing some research and looking at the price i'm thinking the jump to an enclosed is well worth the extra $$$..

As mentioned - i have a V8 F150, the tow capacity is well w/in the GVW of an enclosed w/ sleds and gear but just wondering how the truck will manage pulling 10mile out of Golden and heading back into Silver Mine and areas like that..

1) Any experience w/ an F150 pulling a good size enclosed (24')? How did your truck manage?

2) Recommendations on trailers? I went to FOT this afternoon and looked at the Aluma flat decks and CargoMate Snowbird..

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"firefly" is the guy you want to pm. I have heard nothing but good stuff about him. 5.0L is a different story it should do the job but I can't imagine you will have a huge grin at the top of a hill.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and have decided it has to be an all aluminum enclosed I'm also investing in chains for the shitty back roads as the trailer will be too close to weight of the truck for my liking.

Top Bottom