2012 etech cluthing in the 2011's?

Joum39

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has switched the spring and helix as well as the gearing in there 2011 etch to the same as the 2012? Have talked to a few people that have tried it and they seem to be very happy they did it. Seems like I have a small mid range bog and just cant quite get it to snap off the line, hoping this is the cure.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we haven't switched any 2012 gearing into 2011's, but we have been running low gearing and simular clutching in the XP's for a few years. It just took BRP a few years to stop putting flatland clutching/gearing into a mountain sled.

If you want the lower gearing go to 20/51, basically the same ratio as the 19/49 but you get a little taller top gear and a lesser angle for the chain to rotate around.

I would also consider a shockwave helix, then no matter what conditions you can adjust the helix. I am happy with the 2012 set up, happy enough, but it has its weaknesses. Some of it is rider preference.

When do you get this bog and at what RPM? Is it only at a certain elevation like low or high? Have you done any airbox mods?

Last edited:

Joum39

Reaction score
at lower elevation i have a hesitation throughout, as soon as get into any kind of elevation runs fine, other than when you first get into the throttle it seems slow to engage, then when riding through the trees on and off the throttle the only way to eplain it is like Turbo Lag. Was going to go with Baker's set-up using the Shockwave, but everyone i have talked to has said to go to the 2012 set-up and it will clear all this up.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2011's just have a bad low elevation map. Some seem worse than others. They will burp, fart, bog and so on until 1000 or 1200 meters. I can't recall which it was. The 2012's are near perfect compared to the 2011 at lower elevation. (or alteast the ones I have seen are)

You can simply get the lower gears, a helix and the two springs. I don't remember what ramps are in the 2011. Or go with what Daryl has. He has spent lots of time tuning it I am sure.

Top Bottom