2012 e-tec (engine only) value

Badnews

Reaction score
Anyone have approx $$ value for the engine only? I hit a tree and am thinking of parting the sled out. It has 850km on it and is flawless.

Badnews

Reaction score
good to know ! Thanks maxwell. Insurance is bending me over so I might go with the buyback option and part it out or try to fix it myself.

Badnews

Reaction score
Well the 2012 summit has been written off after its encounter with the tree and I am planning on putting a carbon fiber frame and chassis on it from C3powersports. If anyone is headed to Sicamous. BC from Fort Mac and has room for a sled please let me know ASAP. Willing to pay $300.00 bucks for gas !
Please PM

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the 2012 summit has been written off after its encounter with the tree and I am planning on putting a carbon fiber frame and chassis on it from C3powersports. If anyone is headed to Sicamous. BC from Fort Mac and has room for a sled please let me know ASAP. Willing to pay $300.00 bucks for gas !
Please PM

Have you done your research on the carbon frame/chassis?

Depending on your riding style and ability, might not be the best investment. If you have done your research and it is the best investment and upgrade for your riding, great!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done your research on the carbon frame/chassis?

Depending on your riding style and ability, might not be the best investment. If you have done your research and it is the best investment and upgrade for your riding, great!

What do you mean by this? Is there some big downfall with the carbon chassis that Im not aware of? Not that I have to worry about it.........Im way to cheap to ever buy one. Just curious.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by this? Is there some big downfall with the carbon chassis that Im not aware of? Not that I have to worry about it.........Im way to cheap to ever buy one. Just curious.

There is going to be the guys that say there is nothing wrong with the carbon chassis that are available, and there are going to be the guys who have had them and say they will never do it again.

Of the few that I have ridden with, they are awesome, super light weight, perfect for all your climbing needs. Then there are the guys who ride hard, pound on the chassis like they would with their stock chassis and realize that is not what the chassis was designed for.

If I was looking for the ultimate light weight machine that could take a nearly stock motor and climb with the turbos, sure, carbon, but for someone who wants to drop some cornices, shread the most ridiculous sidehills and put their sled through some abuse for several years, I haven't seen any carbon chassis hold up. Is there someone out there producing one that does? Its possible.

I think Polaris is going to have to backpeddle a little with all their carbon parts on their new sleds. Time will tell.

Badnews

Reaction score
hmmmm.. thanks for the input... I'm not the guy that drops cornices however I do ride hard and weigh 220lbs with no gear on. Back on the fence as what to do :(

Anyone else have any more info on the carbon fiber chassis?

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I have seen documentaries on carbon fibre in use with race cars/boats
Super Strong for its weight but designed to shatter into a million pcs to help absorb impact
A trade off like everything else, ie durability vs performance vs reliability
old sleds never die but new ones kick ass & freakin fly!!!! for a short time

Top Bottom