2012 800 etec problem

Chongojackson

Reaction score
I have a 2012 renegade backcountry 800 etec. Its been fouling plugs like crazy. The machine seemed to run good and one day it was like it dropped a cylinder. I put new plugs in and it idles rough and,bogs around 5000 rpm. I blew the injectors out and it idled better and was good for about a mile and then started to big again and the check engine light came on. Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what it was!

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the same sled, and I've had similar problems. One of my sensors had fouled up and had to be replaced. Pretty sure it was the one in the can and not the one in the pipe, but I'm not 100%. I'll check tonight to see if I made a note which at home... I had actually taken mine into the shop as it was under warranty at the time an told them what I thought it was, and 2 trips back to them later they finally checked what I suggested and that’s what it was! Certainly was not impressed…

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't plugs for etec have to be indexed? Just throwing this out there

2skis

Reaction score
I've got the same sled, and I've had similar problems. One of my sensors had fouled up and had to be replaced. Pretty sure it was the one in the can and not the one in the pipe, but I'm not 100%. I'll check tonight to see if I made a note which at home... I had actually taken mine into the shop as it was under warranty at the time an told them what I thought it was, and 2 trips back to them later they finally checked what I suggested and that’s what it was! Certainly was not impressed…

I believe the two sensors are actually all in one harness. Mine went on my 13 but would cause my sled to flat out die. Restart and good for a few minutes and die again. Check engine light was on also

And yes plugs have to be indexed.

Chongojackson

Reaction score
Yeah I indexed the plugs according to how they were from factory. I thought maybe muffler sensor but that usually throws a code and will,look fouled up.

Top Bottom