2012 800 etec has a miss

chevy

Reaction score
my 2012 800 etec summit has a miss. it seems to happpen when i stab the throtel around 5500 to 7000 rpm. it doesnt do it all the time seems to be worse at lower eleavations thoe. Any ideas? Also does anybody now if there are any recals on the 2012 and what are they?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a recall/ update on the 12 E tec's but you have to ask they don't seem to bring it up it you don't. Its a re flash on the ECM and it addresses an issues most call a hesitation or a bog usually at lower elevations. ( Mine usually did on the trail and only if I let off throttle and got back on right away.) There is also an unrelated up date that addresses loose or improperly torqued bolts on the RAVE Valves. (they just have to remove a few nuts loc tite them and re torque them) That's all that i know about.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it an X?\

And what elevation does this happen? Lower? Higher? All the time?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your updates done guys and then give us your feedback. Saves alot of chasing things around.

chevy

Reaction score
Just found out today there Are two udates for the 2012 etec a rave valve adjustment and a remap for the fuel injection to fix the bog /miss issue. Will let evrybody know in a couple days if it fixed it or not

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a recall/ update on the 12 E tec's but you have to ask they don't seem to bring it up it you don't. Its a re flash on the ECM and it addresses an issues most call a hesitation or a bog usually at lower elevations. ( Mine usually did on the trail and only if I let off throttle and got back on right away.) There is also an unrelated up date that addresses loose or improperly torqued bolts on the RAVE Valves. (they just have to remove a few nuts loc tite them and re torque them) That's all that i know about.

I just dropped mine off for these updates. Sure hope it works. I am a little dissapointed in the performance of this 2012 compared to my 09.

sar

Reaction score
I just had the update completed on my 12' Freeride 137. Will post my findings when I get back next weekend. I have been chasing this bog/sputter/hesitation since I purchased the sled last year.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped my 2012 Freeride 154" off yesterday. Definitely had a bog at above 7200 rpm. Told dealer what it was doing and he thought it was due to RAVE. Will post when I ride it next week.
:confused:

Last edited:

howiedoit

Reaction score
ive had the same problem with my 2012 renegade x. update didnt do anything. heard on the weekend the rave valves should be cleaned every 1000 km. ive got 4400 miles on and have never cleaned them. guess its time. also was told to change the fuel filter. about the pin weight? i dont know much about clutching. how much more do i need, i never really understood what difference the pin weight made.

chevy

Reaction score
Had the updates done to mine seems to be better now. There still might be alittle bit of a bog or miss but could be the can i have on it? What an awsome sled thoe

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my sled back from the Reflash and RAVE bolts done. Well the one RAVE bolt was completely off and the other was loose!! Took it for a quick ride and is pulled really hard. Was very happy with the updates.
:d

sar

Reaction score
Update didn't work for me. I seem to have the power back from the update that came out late last season (power just rolled on then) but now the hesitation is there again when I stab the throttle. Seems to be worse when in deep powder. Increased the pin weight from 18.8g to 20 and it still hesitated in clicker 3 (although it was hitting 7900-8000rpm). Clicker 2 was a little better. More pin weight? I'm not sure. I'm not hitting the rev limiter. It feels like the sled is just cutting out. Back to the dealer this week. What a pain in the @$%.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update didn't work for me. I seem to have the power back from the update that came out late last season (power just rolled on then) but now the hesitation is there again when I stab the throttle. Seems to be worse when in deep powder. Increased the pin weight from 18.8g to 20 and it still hesitated in clicker 3 (although it was hitting 7900-8000rpm). Clicker 2 was a little better. More pin weight? I'm not sure. I'm not hitting the rev limiter. It feels like the sled is just cutting out. Back to the dealer this week. What a pain in the @$%.

At what elevation?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

sar

Reaction score
At what elevation?

Below 3000 feet. Would you know of anyone firsthand that rectified the problem by adding more pin weight for lower elevations? I also have the low elevation kit installed. I increased the pin weight from 18.8g t0 20g. Maybe I should try another gram. Would like to know for sure if this is the issue and I'm not just covering up another problem.

Top Bottom