2012 600 sled

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my kids a couple of 600's for next season and since it looks like cat quit making them I need some input on either a doo or polaris!I'm not familiar at all with doo and was wondering what they are like.Not really crazy about polaris because my ass is still sore from dealing with them on my 08 800 dragon!My kids are early teens and know how to ride.They are currently on a 550 rmk and 700 mountain max and just want some newer iron!Any info on a good dealer would be great!!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will quickly turn into a brand bash thread. I love my Pro, it is the most amazing sled I have ever been on and I have been on a lot of different sleds. IMO you should get out and ride the two for yourself period. If you like the ski-doo buy one if you like the Polaris buy a it. Listening to us will get you no where because we all like what we are riding or at least I hope so, you will be far better off to let your kids ride them and decide.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has CAT actually stated they are not producing a 600 class sled for 2012? In release video they did say that this is not all of the sleds and there is more to come. If your a CAT lover I would hold out a bit.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough choice to make. I would try to get a ride in on both brands if possible. You won't go wrong with either Skidoo or Polaris as they are both good sleds with the 600 engine. Maybe just go with whichever one has the best dealer in your area.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my kids a couple of 600's for next season and since it looks like cat quit making them I need some input on either a doo or polaris!I'm not familiar at all with doo and was wondering what they are like.Not really crazy about polaris because my ass is still sore from dealing with them on my 08 800 dragon!My kids are early teens and know how to ride.They are currently on a 550 rmk and 700 mountain max and just want some newer iron!Any info on a good dealer would be great!!
The Ski-Doo 600 e-Tec has been a standards-setting sled now for it's 3rd full year.
Lite, friendly, very lite on fuel, and have been mechanically very solid.

There's also the new 600ACE, more a 70'ish horsepower sled. Had a good ride on one about a month ago, runs forever on a tank of gas (BRP says up to 500k on a fill), I've seen it clear well over 300kms, but was running it real hard to keep up with 3 other 800's on a long ride.

Can't say much about the Polaris or others, sorry.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's possible Cat is not releasing a 600 for 2012 because they have too much 2010/2011 stock sitting in their warehouses, much like Yamaha didn't release a 2010 model Rhino or Honda with some 2010/11 dirt bike models. I would shop around for some new 2011's there are probably some deals to be found.

jkrabben

Reaction score
if they are already riding a 700 mountain max, im not sure they would get many years of fun out of them, imo, i had a 600 from when was 13-16 and when i was 15, 16 i needed a bigger sled already.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they are already riding a 700 mountain max, im not sure they would get many years of fun out of them, imo, i had a 600 from when was 13-16 and when i was 15, 16 i needed a bigger sled already.

I disagree. There is no comparison between the old 600 sleds and the new ones power wise or handling wise. Maybe you could compare the old 700 sleds with the new 600s power wise but that's about it. Those old sleds were at least 70 to 80 lbs heavier.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in at cycle works west last week brand new 600 rmk 155 track for 10g. Or I see slave lake is snow checking the 800s for 11000 right now pretty cheap imo if someone is looking to go new. Good luck.
Lucky kids. Wanna be my dad?

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe in the Arctic Cat lineup the 1100 four stroke is the replacement for the 600 two stroke for now at least.

The 1100 four stroke is sitting at 125hp and have seen this motor in a bearcat. If it can lift the skis on a bearcat i'm sure that thing will rip in the new m series or XF series now that they are making a 141 with 2.25" track. But have heard through dealer that there still could be a 2 stroke 600 that will make it in the new lineup. just rumor now so who knows. I've heard that you are going to be able to see the new cats on April 17 at the Mayfield, is this true or does anybody know.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
T&T powesports has new 2010 & 2011 M6's.... $9199 & $9499 repectively

and I'm sure Terry could package you a hell of a deal...

Just my 2cents...

also got 5 2010 snowpro 500's for $7700......

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1100 four stroke is sitting at 125hp and have seen this motor in a bearcat. If it can lift the skis on a bearcat i'm sure that thing will rip in the new m series or XF series now that they are making a 141 with 2.25" track. But have heard through dealer that there still could be a 2 stroke 600 that will make it in the new lineup. just rumor now so who knows. I've heard that you are going to be able to see the new cats on April 17 at the Mayfield, is this true or does anybody know.

Here are the 2012 Cat tour dates:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has CAT actually stated they are not producing a 600 class sled for 2012? In release video they did say that this is not all of the sleds and there is more to come. If your a CAT lover I would hold out a bit.

there is no more 600 two stroke for the cat line up this yr.... the 1100 fourstroke is a replacement for the 600 same hp....

i do have some crazy deals on some 2010 n 2011 m6's 153 plus i have a couple 2010 m6 with low miles....

the used ones are around 8100 plus tax... have two call me if your interested,. i have put on about 180-200 miles on our 2011 demo m6 and a few people from the site have ridden it in elkford.....its a pretty great alround package...fun, torquey , reliable, and it doesnt break the bank,
a couple of the best things i liked about it is,

its not a dog- it has good power, - i have a new m8 ho, an 08 apex mtn. so i know abit about power...lol

its predictable power and controllable -especially for younger/new riders. plus an experienced rider can make them go anywhere...

you can squeeze some more power, and drop some weight if you want to with a can. ypipe etc....or just ride it and enjoy....

i wouldnt be afraid of the fourstroke as we do sell them and have for quite a few yrs, a fourstroke to a two stroke is like comparing a gas engine to a desiel engine....its different power....

its always a buyers market....the ball is in your court. i dont think the m6's are gonna be easy to get next season...

as far as having lots left in the warehouse...no...they dont...
and FYI yamaha didnt make produce any Rhino's in 2010 because of all the lawsuits in 2008 n 9 there wasnt many available in 09 and we were sold out of them by mid season...

hope that helps ....

T

Top Bottom