2011 rmk pro specs

rockydaug

Reaction score
Rumor is a less complicated 800, 2 injector setup, not sure on piston setup if one ring or two (guessing two and what rumor also said) but in the 160 range, so a little more snort.

Here's a little video that polaris put out. If ya listen closely you will hear one of the engineers say 48 lbs lighter than 2010 and I was looking in the background while he was talking, there is a silver Assault running the WE needles. Not sure what the new shocks are on the front of the standard RMK, appears to be a new design tho.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBj99LRHTA[/media]

I hope you're right, but give me a solid 150 hp, and something that will run for more than 1000 miles.;)

indyguy

Reaction score
Overall I like the design and what Polaris has done for this sled.
Only one thing bugs me - the recoil handle looks like it good knock off your kneecap.
Why couldn't they intergrate it into the plastic a bit more so it was a little more flush? The simple things that they always seem to miss............

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine went to Montana and took one for a test drive.

Attachments

• DSC09946.jpg
    DSC09946.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC09967.jpg
    DSC09967.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC09969.jpg
    DSC09969.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 588
  • DSC09970.jpg
    DSC09970.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC09971.jpg
    DSC09971.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 574

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you Polaris.
once again you've packaged a product that others came up with years ago,such as eliminating the coil over shocks, and all your coustomers eat it up as something new.
Come on polaris people start demanding inovation.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm I like, 431lbs and possibly 160hp how did your buddy like it, did he comment on the power?

He is coming off of an edge chassis, so take it for all it's worth I guess..:LOL

"It's a total different chassis, more like the rush front end, like 430-435 lbs, can't tell for sure but 150hp easy, wicked track speed in deep powder...this will be the ch!t that gets them back on top I think.. engine placement is awesome, plus there is room under the hood for Noz and or turbo, only place that you will need to drop a few pounds is the EPA size muffler."

Dino

Reaction score
Good for you Polaris.
once again you've packaged a product that others came up with years ago,such as eliminating the coil over shocks, and all your coustomers eat it up as something new.
So what doo you mean by " eliminating the coil over shocks " ??? Rode the 011 today at the demo. Had coil overs front and back, no torsion springs in the rear, we had the 155 model. Climbs as well as my 010 163 Dragon but way more easy to carve and maneuver. Sure the shorter track has some to doo with this but the shock package was the big improvement. Rear skid is much improved. Throttle up and the sled gets on top almost instantly, great transfer. Trail manners are good , no dipping and diving. They wouldn't say alot about HP rating but to wait till march. The sled I rode had instant power, no hiccup, no bog. There was one sled there that had a hesitation according to those who rode it ? Over all a much improved sled IMHO. The ride to me compared alot like my Revs only lighter. Dino

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has the cat suspension on the skid i like the look of this sled would definately be interested in one gonna see what cat comes out with and go from there but definately looks impressive was there any different track lengths available i want something 159-163 range

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you Polaris.

INNOVATION? INNOVATION? the rush chassis has been tested since 2001. the biggest secret that Polaris had! originally call the blackjack, with fatman suspension. This is the most innovative chassis since IFS!! Or dont you remember that Polaris was the first to produce that? 8 years of testing and perfecting a chassis before they put it on the customer has me erasing the failed 800 engine in my books!
The Pro RMK chassis was the blackjack and has been engineered top to bottom to make it rigid and light. Tested since 2001!!???? now who was first to make this style of chassis?

my .02

t-bomb

Reaction score
I want the led tail light for my 2010! Also I read that the 800 was unchanged for 2011? not to sure if it's all new.

hilinerider

Reaction score
dealer told me it is even easier to carve this new chassis and yes the engine has been redone along with the fuel system, according to the reps this sled has been in the works since the 900 fiasco

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the chassis on this sled has been in the works sinse 2001.
I call bs,
If they wanted to one up on the industry, they would have done this in 2004(REV), or 2005(900 poo), when DOO came up with the REV. the 900 says it all IMO.

Goos luck POL. Glad there is something out there that has a run or the $$$

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My absolute, positively, favorite thing about this new polaris, will be the look on the face of my buddies that just bought the 2010s and paid too much. This will drive them nuts, as they were certain there were no big changes for 2011.

Oh, it's always the little joys that mean so much. And it's funny cuz it's not me.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How on earth is this an inovated chassis. The rush has definately not changed the industry like the rev and xp chassis did.How is this sled different from anything else out there.

rockydaug

Reaction score
I do agree the Pro RMK may not be innovating, completely, but the Rush is! When the first Rev come out with that beaver tail, mistake or not, is was innovating, same with the Rush.

Next, is there pricing on these things yet, I don't want a shock, like the Yammers or the Doos.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree the Pro RMK may not be innovating, completely, but the Rush is! When the first Rev come out with that beaver tail, mistake or not, is was innovating, same with the Rush.

Next, is there pricing on these things yet, I don't want a shock, like the Yammers or the Doos.

Good point, i had forgotten about that bever tail.

Top Bottom