2011 ProRmk running on one cylinder

dinlaroche

Reaction score
out riding yesterday, on the way out the sled suddenly started running rough, killed the engine, took a look and figured out that it was only running on 1 cylinder. Tried new plugs, and confirmed there is spark to both sides. It will run on the one cylinder and you can rev it up, just not a lot of power...Any suggestion on other simple stuff I can check. It likely won't go into the dealer until january and would really like to get out and ride before then. the clutch side is the one not working.

sledhead80

Reaction score
I wonder if an injector on the clutch side crapped out. No fuel would mean there would be nothing to ignite. Not sure though that's just my shot in the dark. I don't know though if they fail do they fail wide open or closed? Either that or the injector is plugged.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, sounds like a bad injector...any error messages or warning lights pop up on the ECU? Only other thing I can think of is a frozen carb could "act" like it is only running on 1 cylinder, get it into a heated shop and see if it is still doing it, I'd take it in to your nearest dealer and get them to put it on the computer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Bottom