2011 Pro Rmk TPS Question

dingle

Reaction score
So I followed your instructions and I got 5.01 volts at ecm with throttle bodies fully closed. But can't get any volts from the tps pin connector at ecm. Have a power commander installed, tried both pins for tps and no result. Just .000! Where on the tps can I check? To confirm if it's in the wiring harness or if the tps is bad??
Any help would be much appreciated.
cheers

dingle

Reaction score
Did you measure the TPS voltage with the throttle bodies fully closed? It must be 0.700 volts in this state. Then you adjust idle until it is at 0.94 volts. Checking just the idle does no good because it is simply a reference from the fully closed position. Also, it's better to check voltage at the ECM than at the TPS itself, since it will reveal any problems in connections etc. between the TPS and ECM.

Back off idle screw until throttle bodies are fully closed. Then feed 12V into the "ECM PWR" connector above the primary clutch. Orange is +, brown is -. Next, check for 5 Volt signal at the ECM. You'll find this at cavity #24 on the lower ECM plug (RED/WHITE wire- back probe with a paper clip with connector plugged in to ECM). You must have 4.99-5.01 V there.

Now check the signal wire coming from the TPS at the ECM- cavity #7 (AQUA wire, again, back probe with a paper clip). With the throttle bodies fully closed, it should be 0.700 volts. If it's out, adjust the TPS. Then set idle to 0.94 volts by adjusting the idle screw.

Thank you for this post.

So I followed your instructions and I got 5.01 volts at ecm with throttle bodies fully closed. But can't get any volts from the tps pin connector at ecm. Have a power commander installed, tried both pins for tps and no result. Just .000! Where on the tps can I check? To confirm if it's in the wiring harness or if the tps is bad??
cheers

dingle

Reaction score
Did you measure the TPS voltage with the throttle bodies fully closed? It must be 0.700 volts in this state. Then you adjust idle until it is at 0.94 volts. Checking just the idle does no good because it is simply a reference from the fully closed position. Also, it's better to check voltage at the ECM than at the TPS itself, since it will reveal any problems in connections etc. between the TPS and ECM.

Back off idle screw until throttle bodies are fully closed. Then feed 12V into the "ECM PWR" connector above the primary clutch. Orange is +, brown is -. Next, check for 5 Volt signal at the ECM. You'll find this at cavity #24 on the lower ECM plug (RED/WHITE wire- back probe with a paper clip with connector plugged in to ECM). You must have 4.99-5.01 V there.

Now check the signal wire coming from the TPS at the ECM- cavity #7 (AQUA wire, again, back probe with a paper clip). With the throttle bodies fully closed, it should be 0.700 volts. If it's out, adjust the TPS. Then set idle to 0.94 volts by adjusting the idle screw.

Thank you for this post.

I'm having similar issues as the guy that started this thread.

So I followed your instructions and I got 5.01 volts at ecm with throttle bodies fully closed. But can't get any volts from the tps pin connector at ecm, #7 cavity. Just .000! I also have a power commander v installed? Where else can i check To confirm if it's the tps that is bad??

cheers

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had similar problems checking TPS on a couple of my sleds. Must not be able to get a contact from the backside of the plug??? Suggestions?? Don't really want to strip any wire.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with setting the baseline of 0.70 volts on my sled. When I rotate the sensor on the throttle bodies the voltage swings a lot (.04 volts) with very little movement of the unit. Then when I tighten the screws the voltage will change without any apparent movement of the sensor. Anybody else have this issue? I'm thinking it may be a faulty sensor but for $240 it would be nice to know for sure before I buy one.

RmkSeismicGuy

Reaction score
Kinda old question here guys but, I have a power commander on my 2012 and am using that to set the TPS voltage. I can get that base line set to .700, but when I try and set the idle voltage at .94, Im way to high on idle speed. What am I doing wrong here

Thanks

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda old question here guys but, I have a power commander on my 2012 and am using that to set the TPS voltage. I can get that base line set to .700, but when I try and set the idle voltage at .94, Im way to high on idle speed. What am I doing wrong here

Thanks

Are u backing the idle screw complete back before setting the base line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RmkSeismicGuy

Reaction score
Yes, backing it right off, then adjusting the TPS to the .700. Then tightening up the screws and then attempting to crank up the idle screw again to get the .94

The only thing I have not done is take the throttle cable off. Just reinstalled the engine so maybe its too tight still

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, backing it right off, then adjusting the TPS to the .700. Then tightening up the screws and then attempting to crank up the idle screw again to get the .94

The only thing I have not done is take the throttle cable off. Just reinstalled the engine so maybe its too tight still

I never had very good luck setting it via power commander. I always found better results by using the voltage meter method.

Top Bottom