2011 Outlander and Skids

rayf01

Reaction score
Have a 2011 Outlander 650XT. Looking to buy skids either the ones from MotorsportsRC off ebay or ricochets. I understand you have to drill two holes which worries me slightly though I am probably over thinking it. I am not doing the frame mod as I feel the skids shoudl be enough (I Hope).

1.) Have you guys been installing these things and drilling the two holes without any issues?

2.) Anyway to mount them without drilling holes and without welding(Don't have one)

3.) Any issues with having to drill the frame with their "Stock" Fram mod in it?

Again, probably over thinking it, just dont want to compromise the frame is all.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Never had an issue yet. I have seen installed over 100 sets on 2008-2011 OL's... Get the Richochets and ride without worries!

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Ricochets for my 2011 Outlander 800R Max-XT .... drilled the holes, no problem.

BTW ... you know the 2011's have a factory frame stiffener inside the front 18 inches, right ?? No problems drilling the hole.

Another thing, if I remember correctly, the instructions said to drill the hole out to 3/8 ... the bolt is a 5/16 .... so that's the size hole I drilled.

Top Bottom