2011 or 2012 M8 153??

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the 2012. cats not going to mess up the chassis because im sure they plan on using it for at least 4-10 years.

everything else is the same. motor is reliable...try it out!

Smartass:p Isn't the XP on its 4th year of production? Sheesh, when is doo gonna reinvent the wheel and stop refining and making the XP better?;):smiliestirthepot:

Back on topic, you can't go wrong with either. The 2011 is a proven sled, the 2012 like maxwell said has the same engine as the 2011. Plus you've got warranty with both sleds, go nuts. I'll wait a year, I've been burnt with a first year sled before...

m6 rider

Reaction score
thats notta problem but i'd rather het the 2011 cqause of the orange a-arms lol but if i cant 2010 i'd go for:d

m6 rider

Reaction score
yeah the problem is its hard to get the $$$ wen ur still in school right now i probably get $6000 cause its in mint condition and then i need to make aabout 5 grand on top of that:confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your joking right?

the diamond drive has a way higher failure rate than a chaincase. hence why the dropped it

what happens when the diamond drive piles up in the back of renshaw?

you know what you do when your chain piles up in the back of renshaw?

take one out of your backpack and replace it. go down to the truck and get your spare chain. or go to spindrift powersports and get a new one.

diamond drive pileup = helicopter or a really unfun couple days towing

a properly maintained chaincase will last 5000km+ then you should replace the chain anyways

I gotta back Max on this one. I think getting away from the Diamond Drive is a HUGE improvement.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got 5300 kilometers on my diamond drive in my m7 and it is still going strong
just gotta do the regular maintenance

m6 rider

Reaction score
yesh i probably got 5000 km on my diamond drive and its still works better than ever

m6 rider

Reaction score
then yet too maxwell i'm ona budjet i'd like to buy a 2011 m8 sp for 10 or 9 ish but cant seem to find a brand new 153 exept for 1 like that

Taylzee

Reaction score
If money is tight, I wouldn't want to be a giny pig. The new chasis might look cool, but To me it looks like the A-arms will fold like and ETEC! I mean a cheap tent!!!

stadler

Reaction score
i had an 09 m8 that diamond failed me twice once 1000 km an than 3000km while climding... i got 2500 miles on the 09 doo chain is still like new.. and i just blow the engine first time.... a had them both tested... no more cats for me.... two of my budys got about 1500 km on their cats and theeir diamonds went on them to..... if the cat made their chassi lighter it aight that tough anymore... besides nvr had anything bend on xp yet...

m7 carver

Reaction score
If money is tight, I wouldn't want to be a giny pig. The new chasis might look cool, but To me it looks like the A-arms will fold like and ETEC! I mean a cheap tent!!!
ya the a-arms dont look like they have much protection

Top Bottom