2011 H&S mini Maxx install Tips

mattern

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any other tips about installing the pyro into the manifold on a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500?? don't wanna get any flakes in there just wondering what others have done when installing the Pyro, and if they have any other tips for the new Mini Maxx?

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent really looked into it too much but I though some one did an egr cooler delete and put it in the new block off plate. I might be wrong though.

John Boy

Reaction score
Go just behind the turbo and there is a cast elbow there. You can drill and tap it from under the truck. That is how I did mine. Same programer and truck as you. Get the trany program as well.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you drill while the pipe is in place grease the drill bit. It will catch most of the filings

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the motor running and use grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

raptor2

Reaction score
Looking at a delete kit and H & S tuner on my 2011 3500 dully and when I was pricing it the performance shop said the 2011 had a built in egt

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a delete kit and H & S tuner on my 2011 3500 dully and when I was pricing it the performance shop said the 2011 had a built in egt

You can buy a kit to use either the factory pyro's or use the H&S pyro's. On my 6.4 I just used the factory ones as H&S says they're very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy a kit to use either the factory pyro's or use the H&S pyro's. On my 6.4 I just used the factory ones as H&S says they're very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do this on the Ford but have to drill and install the Pyro on the Dodge

The End

Reaction score
I did it with the engine running on my 2007, and used a small pilot bit first. I broke the first pilot bit and almost crapped myself before I realized I wasn't quite all the way through, and that the bit fell to the ground lol.

Just go slow and you should be fine. Make sure that your tap has room to turn before you start drilling. After I drilled the hole, I realized that my thread tap handle was hitting everything around it, and I had to turn the tap with a very small wrench. That wasn't very fun.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you wanna drill the pyro into the passenger side of the exhaust manifold this is gonna give you a try egt reading. lots of aftermarket companies use a pre drilled modified exhaust manifold and it works great. On the fords you can use the stock pyro but on chev and dodge you need the aftermarket one. start by drilling a small pilot hole with the motor running and grease on the bit you wanna keep stepping up in bit sizes to get the proper size when tapping in the pyro. also after you are done drilling take the vaccum and try and rig something up with a small rubber hose and insert that into the drilled hole and try and suck out the remainder if any metal shavings in there it will save you big time on a new turbo and possibly other things. hope this helps if u have any other questions call me at 1-403-627-2048

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain The End i had a bit drop before as well and it makes your heart stop for a second I was just waiting to hear that nasty sound haha. yeah sometimes space is tight its why i love going to the passenger side manifold it makes it really easy to access even on a chevy hahaha

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you guys doing with warranty? I want a tuner but just want to be careful and not lose warranty.

Deletes=No warranty. Some dealers look the other way but the manufacturers are getting pretty sticky about warranty claims.

As for the install, make sure the truck is up to operating temp and turn off all electrical accessories. Don't open the door, turn off your phone for the Uconnect and be prepared to wait about 15-20 mins for the download to complete. I learned the hard way about this and had to send my PCM to H&S to be recovered and tuned.

Are you deleting the EGR cooler? If you are, just drill and tap the rear block off plate that bolts to the manifold and your pyro is done.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave up on getting certain engine warranty. Alot of stuff will still be covered as well as some powertrain and body stuff. The dealer cannot deny warranty on something like a/c because you are deleted for example.

Top Bottom