2011 Ford Diesel airbox problems

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK - have a 2011 Ford diesel with about 13,000kms on it. I have had this happen twice now - the airfilter is packed full of snow and the check engine light comes on. I do not bury my truck in snowbanks so how is this happening. Lot of highway driving and parked out side and plugged in at night.

The dealer said this is the first one they have seen - the first time it happened I believe them - now not so sure. Every paper element is packed full with snow. Odd. The snorkel is under the headlight and above the bumper.

Anyone else experiencing this one?

Ozzy421

Reaction score
this happened on my 94 ford, then the 2001 and the 2008
I changed to aftermarket air box and filter and no more problem with snow....
AFE makes a good setup

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happens on my 08 Ford and happened on both my Duramaxes. I went with aftermarket air intakes on all the trucks and it still happens in snow storms, part have having a diesel is the need to move large amounts of air and this is what happens.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen this on the 2001 ford diesel; the air nozzle pulls air out of the fender where there is lots of snow flying. try pulling the nozzle off the air box and you will get more air from underhood, see how that works

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aside from that how do you like the new engine?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aside from that how do you like the new engine?

No problems - lots of power. Good throttle response etc.

The only thing I don't like is the shift into 4x4 - quite a racket. I came from a Dodge and that was smoother.

Can you get a snow screen filter for the airbox. Remember running those on my KN pods on my sled.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My 08 F350 was in at the dealer when it was brand new. It was the first one they seen, that was at Koch back then. The air filter was completely clogged with Ice and snow. I got about 3 mpg, the truck ran like crap. Ford engineers came to look at it. I put a new air filter in at my expense then, and got reimbursed by Ford at a later date. They send me this piece of crap vynal winter front to solve the issue. I know it didn't do to much though. Should install a after market one now.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought two air filters yesterday in gp. I have the 6.2l gas engine and i sucked mine right into the intake tube right up to the mass airflow sensor. Even the MAF gets plugged up. I have pulled mine three times in the last week, but I drive mine like a quad so no complaints :beer:

Top Bottom