2011 F350 Nice Truck

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out check out a 2011 F350 diesel i own a 2005 f250 diesel xlt the 2011
xlt list at 56000 with normal options mine with the same options was list at 56000.It seen that Ford manage to keep there cost down pretty impressible
more hp and more torque it has a true Jake brake and it will remember up to 6 trailer it will set the brake pressure accordingly to each trailer the one that i was looking at had all the factory holes for a 5th wheel hitch or gooseneck hitch in place ,it also had a locking device for a quad or bike .I think Ford did well with this one .Salesman was joking but said they kick out all the management and let mechanic and engneer design this one

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out check out a 2011 F350 diesel i own a 2005 f250 diesel xlt the 2011
xlt list at 56000 with normal options mine with the same options was list at 56000.It seen that Ford manage to keep there cost down pretty impressible
more hp and more torque it has a true Jake brake and it will remember up to 6 trailer it will set the brake pressure accordingly to each trailer the one that i was looking at had all the factory holes for a 5th wheel hitch or gooseneck hitch in place ,it also had a locking device for a quad or bike .I think Ford did well with this one .Salesman was joking but said they kick out all the management and let mechanic and engneer design this one
what ford dealer were ya at ....for 56........xlt

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove one last week, didn't do anything for me. I have an '08 now that'll blow it away, of course mine ain't stock anymore. I think in a year when they have the bugs worked out and the tuners have a go at them they'll be really nice trucks with decent power. I hear they'll be able to get rid of the urea injection and the other pollution control crap and really make this engine rock, one year and we'll know for sure.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your right that urea injection kind weird I ask him about the low sulfur
fuel and what happens when you can,t get any he couldn't answer me also ask him about the urea and what is it and i hope was joking after he told me it was pee and water

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope he wasn't kidding, though the Urea used in this application is synthetic. I found the info below online.

"Urea, also called carbamide, is an organic chemical compound which essentially is the waste produced when the body metabolizes protein. It is a compound not only produced by humans but also by many other mammals, as well as amphibians and some fish. Urea was the first natural compound to be synthesized artificially using inorganic compounds— a scientific breakthrough.

Urea was discovered in 1773 by the French chemist Hillaire Rouelle. In 1828, just 55 years after its discovery, it became the first organic compound to be synthetically formulated, this time by a German chemist named Friedrich Wöhler, one of the pioneers of organic chemistry. "

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your right that urea injection kind weird I ask him about the low sulfur
fuel and what happens when you can,t get any he couldn't answer me also ask him about the urea and what is it and i hope was joking after he told me it was pee and water

Almost all diesel fuel is low sulfur. The only time I have seen any diff was when there was a diesel shortage last year because of shell plant down. I just ordered our new 2011 and urea thing is strange but better than the DPF system they had on the 08-10.Fuel suckin beast

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost all diesel fuel is low sulfur. The only time I have seen any diff was when there was a diesel shortage last year because of shell plant down. I just ordered our new 2011 and urea thing is strange but better than the DPF system they had on the 08-10.Fuel suckin beast

They still have the DPF, the urea is an addition to the system to get exhaust gases to meet 2010 regulations. Urea won't rob power it is the DPF that you'll want to get rid of and can with programming and aftermarket exhaust systems

Happy trails

Scuba

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, you learn something new everyday. I myself agree that Ford has come a long way and although I think the pickups are as ugly as a donkeys a$$ they sure do make up for it in all the cool features. The whole urea thing brings a whole new meaning to the above mention Ford emblem, the one were you see Calvin peeing on it.. hehe. Sorry, had to. My Dad just bought a brand new Dodge, that's a nice truck too... I've always been a GM girl, until now of course but I gotta say I love my Yota!:)

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be lucky's Ford owner never had serous problem with any pickups
first one was 79 F100 400000 k.m $500 in repairs 85 f150 400000 k.m appox
$1500 in repairs 95 F150 308000 appox $1500 in repairs 2005 f250 163000 warranty deduct 100 appox most of the repairs were wear products and i do all my own work they keep working this well for me I'll keep buying them
My trucks were never abuse but well used from hauling sleds bikes to holiday trailersALWAYS A FORD OWNER AND ALWAYS WELL BE

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 F250 XLT 6.7 yesterday with a few options for 49600.. I got 12500 for my 06 F250 6.0 liter... Jerry ( Edson ) Ford.... I think I did pretty good on the trade considering my 2006 was worth 8 grand last september.
On the 2011, the MPG avg meter is averaging around 19mpg U.S. I put 250km on it and the tank is still above 3/4 ( 95liter tank ) I think its reading pretty close... My 6 liter got 8mpg off the lot and worked its way to 16mpg after 10000km. I am hearing stories of 29-30mpg driving the speed limit... time will tell..
All I can say is.. I miss the turbo sound - I can barely hear the motor... but holy crap does that thing go for a factory ride.. It broke the tires free shifting from 2nd to 3rd.. Still have to see how she goes when the 5th wheel and quad trailer are behind it, but I am thinking it will be hard to beat.. well.. definately better then my old 6 liter!!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driven one at work a bit, just a F550. Man, the gasser is GUTLESS. It might be decent in the F350, but in the F550 is it absolutely a joke.

As far as other things, interior doesn't do anything for me. It's ok but nothing special.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pardom my ignorance as I drive a gas pig, with this urea injection they have now, do have to add the urea separately yourself? or is something permanent in the truck, I know the dpf systems suck the fuel like crazy but how does the urea system differ?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pardom my ignorance as I drive a gas pig, with this urea injection they have now, do have to add the urea separately yourself? or is something permanent in the truck, I know the dpf systems suck the fuel like crazy but how does the urea system differ?

all that the urea system does is inject the synthetic substance to break down the nox emmissions. they work in conjunction with the dpf to further reduce emissions on diesel engines, rephrse that one "harmful emmissions". on commercial units there is no way to get around it. there are a few companies that have purchased a pile of carbon credits and are not required to meet the 2010 emmissions laws until their credits run out. however all diesel engines will have these in the very near future. and will be required by law. if removed the person can face fines etc. kinda like the catalatic converter, dpf, drl's, e.t.c If the unit had it from factory it cannot legally be removed unless replaced with an approved unit. but like the dpf etc people will remove them cause nobody checks till you try to re register in another province or eventually down the line someone buys the used unit and has to have an inspection done on it and unit will not pass.

the urea if i remember rigth is about 5 bucks a gallon and you will use about 10 gallons to 120 gallons of fuel i think.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes he is right. If you drink Corona FYI - Urea is a key component in this beer....:)

Top Bottom